• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Printing a freaken gray on this valuejet =O

SignsRus

Can someone please help me these grays printed. I never have any luck printing any grays on this machine =O

Here is the image

I am using flexi to print it. Printing on LG Premium Grade media...

The gray on the left prints acceptable...the black prints black...everything in between those 2 is purpleishy =O

Fuzzbuster

Change & tweek proper profile

Use Onyx ...Hire profile dude to create new profile if you cant do it in house

Gonna cost ya..:wink:

SignsRus

Change & tweek proper profile

Use Onyx ...Hire profile dude to create new profile if you cant do it in house

Gonna cost ya..:wink:

Well ya that would be nice...but right now the owner says he can't afford it...and right now I have a job I need to get out tomorrow, and it's too late to even overnight that many different gray vinyls

so i need to figure something out....thanks though =p

Border

Check the CMYK values for each shade and make sure that color correction is turned off. that's about all I can suggest.

Fuzzbuster

Youre gonna get jobs like this all the time

If your gonna print

Knowing how to tweek profiles is the most important thing you can learn
medias change all the time HALFWAY THRU PRODUCTION RUNS trust me I know...

Gotta know your printer and how to use it:help:

CANT USE ANY OLD PROFILE FROM OEM`s

even after you build a new one YOU WILL HAVE TO tweek them from time to time

JOB SECURITY:Big Laugh:Big Laugh:Big Laugh...in a big way dude

Best of luck!!

Flame

Yeah.... I HATE profiling but ya gotta keep on it. Try playing with your ink limits and profiles (you can find a lot of profiles online for free). For Arlon materials, I use a canned profile called "mutoh all in one", and don't touch a single adjustment on it, and it seems to print nicely. Other than magenta is a little weak, but it's pretty good.

Try it, I believe SignWarehouse has it on their support site. www.signwarehouse.com/support

SignsRus

I'm using the profile from LG that's for the ValueJet. I've also tried my normal mutoh profiles, and some 3m profiles. Just having no luck.

What software do I need to start messing with these profiles?

I would like to learn, just not sure of how to edit the profiles. I see no way of doing it through the menus/options that I'm seeing.

*sigh*

Been a long week....gonna be a long night...an early morning...then another long day...then another long night...then a saturday work day =[ ewww

Valentino

pantone 413 PC - pantone 418 PC are smokey/smog grays
pantone 420 PC - pantone 425 PC are lighter grays

graphics 2, oracal 3951

randya

I'm using the profile from LG that's for the ValueJet. I've also tried my normal mutoh profiles, and some 3m profiles. Just having no luck.

What software do I need to start messing with these profiles?

I would like to learn, just not sure of how to edit the profiles. I see no way of doing it through the menus/options that I'm seeing.

*sigh*

Been a long week....gonna be a long night...an early morning...then another long day...then another long night...then a saturday work day =[ ewww

Are you using 7.6 or 8.0, 8.1, or 8.5 Flexi?

I dont recommend 'tweaking' profiles (yes I know lots of people do it), there are 'filters' built into Flexi, much like in PhotoShop.
You might want to pull back on magenta just a bit, for this image, using a filter.

Once you chage the initial ink restrictions in a profile, the profile is effectivly corrupt and rather unpredictable.

Be aware that there is some metamerism, so the image may look purplish indoors and greenish outdoors, or just fine indoors and off outdoors.
http://www.wisegeek.com/what-is-metamerism.htm

If you are ONLY printing greys and black you can make a 'black' only profile, but this is pretty rare

MrKoob

While many on here are correct in suggesting that you should learn how to profile, make sure you "learn how to profile", before you change your profiles. "Messing" around with the settings could be very bad.

Fuzzbuster

While many on here are correct in suggesting that you should learn how to profile, make sure you "learn how to profile", before you change your profiles. "Messing" around with the settings could be very bad.

NOT SUGGESTING by any means this kid changes his profiles ALONE
Get a pro in, learn the printer and your RIP /profile tunning before attempting...

We now build our own profiles but still need help from techs to tweek the hard ones.

Good color calibration meter helps too! :thumb:

Good color management on staff is part of any Real PRINTING.

Welcome to the print world boys...:Big Laugh

D&Tgraphics

pantone 413 PC - pantone 418 PC are smokey/smog grays
pantone 420 PC - pantone 425 PC are lighter grays

graphics 2, oracal 3951

I agree with Valentino. Try using the Pantone color pallett to choose a grey. Also, try using a different profile than the one you have been. I have the valuejet and have never had a problem with grey. The oracal 3651 or 3951 profile work great on alot of vinyls. Graphics 2 bi directional.