• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Printing a Video Capture...Large

okeesignguy

I had a weird request from a customer today...
He wants a mural of some type (might be a banner, might be a sign) from a video...
I know almost nothing about video captures and resolution etc...
The video he wants it from is an old Dr Hook video and he showed it to me on youtube...
Here is the addy...
the capture would be at the 17 second mark...

SO....are all videos equal res..? He wants to make this 10 ft tall...
Is this even possible...?

Thank you!

myront

CorelDRAW is best
I wouldn't do it.
Pull up the video and open the windows snipping tool and hit cancel so it's ready for a new one. Play the video at full screen and at that exact scene hit New. Click and drag as much of that screen as possible. Copy and paste to Corel or Illustrator as needed. Works a tad better than print screen method. Easier to do this with dual monitors too.

bannertime

Okay, first of all, pass on the job because it's a copyright violation. Second, that video is only 480p which means it's only 640 x 480 pixels. Which is tiny and you'd have a very hard time scaling it up to 10ft.

okeesignguy

Okay, first of all, pass on the job because it's a copyright violation. Second, that video is only 480p which means it's only 640 x 480 pixels. Which is tiny and you'd have a very hard time scaling it up to 10ft.
Question about copyrights...this guy wants to hang this in his house...it is not a commercial use...copyright still applies...?