• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Printing acrylic on UV need help

Big Blue

I am printing a large (54" in dia.) logo with a rainbow look for a customer. It is being printed on a Vutek 200/600 UV machine, on 3/16" acrylic. I have one in the crate waiting to be installed, but a small "chip " was noticed by the installer. I printed it with my lamps set to medium, should I maybe set them to high? I know I cleaned the piece well with alchohol, but wonder If anyone else has had this problem with acrylic, if so what can I do to keep this from happening again. We have in the past used a roll on clear coat (matte finish)could this be something I should consider, or would you think my lamp settings are suspect Not real sure how much "baking" acrylic can hold up to.... Any help would be appreciated

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Chip in the acrylic or in the ink ??

We've done all of ours under full lamp, but then we're also using a totally different machine. The 3/16" seems to hold up against the heat, but anything thinner tends to warp. Sorry I can't be any more helpful.

Rasmus

I have printed a lot on the Vutek 200/600 UV. Also on acrylic. I have had the same problems, and it didn't help raising the lamptemp to high.
What you need is a primer, and then prime the acrylic before you print on it. We use one from Sericol from a spraycan.

Hope you succed.

Rasmus

Big Blue

This will be printed on 7325 white acrylic, and will be a illuminated print.... Can I use this primer for this instance?