• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Printing decals numbered 1-400

Zambookajoe

I need to print some decals that are numbered from 1-400 is there a way in photoshop to generate a file thta would be the same decal but numbered, I have omega 2.02 too if I have option to do it that way.

Mitch

thmooch

You should be able to do that in Omega. I am sure someone here can give you the direction you need. We used Gerber at my previous place of business, just can't remember the steps.

tanneji

Wow that's good to know! Not to pirate the thread but is this possible in Flexi also?

yes indeed! I just had to do it for a few jobs ... Its under the arrange menu and called either auto-serialize or step and repeat ... I can't remember which one works the best.

I saw that but I don't have the auto serialize option on mine for some reason. Im using Flexi Pro Print & Cut version 8.6

I do have step and repeat as an option but I cant see how that would work?

tanneji

I saw that but I don't have the auto serialize option on mine for some reason. Im using Flexi Pro Print & Cut version 8.6

I do have step and repeat as an option but I cant see how that would work?

It must be only the auto serialize that would do it then ... I am using an older version of Flexi - 8.1v1 but only the flexi designer version. If it is in my lower cost version surely they wouldnt take it out of the pro version. They probably just moved it in the new version. I did a brief google search but couldn't come up with any substantive answers about it. Check your help for "Auto-Serialize". That's how it is in the menu on mine.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Omega has had an excellent auto number function since the first version of Graphix Advantage back in the early 1990's. Here's a current job that is dual serialized as 1,000 sets of 4 identical serial numbers in order and finished in vertical strips.

Attachments

• labels4.jpg
    labels4.jpg
    548.5 KB · Views: 120

Tim Aucoin

Great example Fred! On a side note... have you used Omega 4 yet? I'm just looking into ordering it. Looks like a beauty upgrade! :rolleyes:

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Great example Fred! On a side note... have you used Omega 4 yet? I'm just looking into ordering it. Looks like a beauty upgrade! :rolleyes:

No Tim, not yet. As near as I can tell the majority of the changes are intended to benefit Edge FX and Edge 2 owners. As an Edge LE owner (300 DPI only), there really doesn't seem to be the compelling reasons to upgrade that were present with Omega 3.

Let me know what you think after you get it and have played with it for a while.

Graphics2u

It must be only the auto serialize that would do it then ... I am using an older version of Flexi - 8.1v1 but only the flexi designer version. If it is in my lower cost version surely they wouldnt take it out of the pro version. They probably just moved it in the new version. I did a brief google search but couldn't come up with any substantive answers about it. Check your help for "Auto-Serialize". That's how it is in the menu on mine.
It's not probably included in the print and cut version, only in PRO. The reason you have it in Designer version is because that's PRO without Production Manager, and as far as design it's a step above the Print and Cut version. And yes it is called Auto Serialize. The Step and Repeat only duplicates.

signage

Pat i think it would be worth it for you to upgrade to 4! As for 4 I was a beta tester and can say I think it is well worth it. Seems to import from Corel better than 3.