• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Printing Latex on Clear Material

JamesLam

Suggestions and preferences for a clear substrate that will be hung so the image can be seen from both sides. Will be printing with a HP 365. The client may request the image be laminated so suggestions for a compatible laminate would be appreciated as well.

balstestrat

Problem Solver
You need white ink to do this
Not necessarily. And yes you are right it won't be as good and limited potential.

1. Just print it on the clear with a high load of ink and it will look like that to both sides. Yes, kinda crappy and it will be same image both sides. But it's fine for some stuff.
2. Print it on clear and the other side on blockout vinyl, then "laminate" the clear with the blockout. You then have double sided.

AGCharlotte

the way it's written, it sounds like you want something rigid? you said "hung". Also remember that the backside would be a mirror of the front side.

JamesLam

Ah, White ink. If only the people that sold me the HP printer didn't hide the fact that the white ink option was just a few months down the road. And they wonder why the industry has trust issues regarding manufacturers and distributors.

Anyway, based upon the subject matter that the client wanted printed I referred them to another printer that has the capability.

Thanks for the insights.