• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Printing on Cardboard

cwb143

Does anyone know which machine prints on Cardboard? I see cardboard displays in various stores and I was curious how they print on that material.
I imagine its a white cardboard on the face side. and cut and folded up to make a stand or display.

CS-SignSupply-TT

For long runs, offset printing is used. For shorter custom runs, flatbed printers are snagging the work. For prototypes in the packaging industry, "hybrid" flatbed printers are snagging the work.

animenick65

Keep in mind that heat associated with curing UV ink on a flatbed can be an issue when printing on cardboard. LED lamp technology is helping to alleviate this.

jbogart

We've done a fair amount of cardboard printing on our Inca UV flatbed for short runs and short term projects. There's a great cardboard product that we get from Sonoma Graphics called Enviroboard that is nicely smooth, bright white, 1/8" thick - prints and cuts like a dream.