• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Printing on ij680cr

Eric H

So I am new to the printing end of the business. We have a jv300-160plus. Of course my first print job is on a nice cheap material 3m ij680cr. I don't see any profiles for this material or similar. Can anybody recommend any? Are there any color adjustments necessary since it's not really white?

ikarasu

Download a profile for any reflective - not too familiar with the jv300 or it's profiles... kind of surprised there isn't one for 680 since it's popular. But some common ones to look out for -

Oralite 5600, 5700

Nikkalite 4801

3m 5300, 3290

Avery v4000.

I'm sure one of those will have a profile...

Yes, the colors change a bit since it's a silverish reflective. It should not be noticeable enough to cause an issue unless you're trying to get a very specific pantone match. 99% of the time the color is close enough to not be an issue. But yes.. I'd you print the same blue on reflective as on white and hold it side by side, it won't match - but even if you have a dead accurate profile, that'll still be the case... As light hits the reflective in different angles, the color changes / shifts slightly..

Obviously print a small sample if it's your first time printing on the material to make sure it's laying down the right amount of ink and not artofcating, and the colors aren't too off... But printing on 680 is pretty much as easy as printing on white vinyl... It just costs 5x as much when you screw up.

rjssigns

So I am new to the printing end of the business. We have a jv300-160plus. Of course my first print job is on a nice cheap material 3m ij680cr. I don't see any profiles for this material or similar. Can anybody recommend any? Are there any color adjustments necessary since it's not really white?
What is the print job? If it's chevrons for emergency vehicles you can buy them premade or get the roll material and DIY.

Eric H

It is for emergency vehicles but that's about all that we are doing so I need to get it figured out.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Looks like the official spec says it's only screen printable which is probably why no one has made a profile for it. I'd go with what ikarasu said. His suggestions are all reflective from other bands.

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica
I use GPVC (spc 706) 720x1080 8 pass on a CJV150 for reflective. It has worked fine on 5650, 680 and Nikkalite, it all comes out the same

ikarasu

There's 680 cr and ij680. The 680 is non printable - all that means is it's not guaranteed contaminate free and it can have splices.

We use hundreds of rolls of the stuff, both work fine... I think one time on the non ij series I had a hand print once though, so get ij if you can!

Also.. they make bubble free and non bubble free. So make sure to buy the cr