• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Printing on Imit. Leaf?

Arlo Kalon 2.0

Before I jump into printing an outline and shadow on some 4mil imitation gold leaf vinyl (FDC), I want to be sure this can be done successfully on the Edge? And if so, what should I select as the vinyl type for the Edge info? Thanks!

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
I would be dubious. I've never seen the FDC version but if, it is like the Coburn imitation gold leaf, it has depressions that make up the pattern. The Edge lays down its resin in a thickness that is measured in microns and most likely will not fill in the depressions.'

If you have it in stock, test print it. If you don't, get a sample sent to you to test print.

Arlo Kalon 2.0

Yup! This has those same depressions/texture you mention. I'm so impulsive that "test print" never arcs in my synapses. I'll try that and let ya know - just for future reference. Thanks

Arlo Kalon 2.0

Interesting discovery...

Well, I ran the test print on the "gold leaf" vinyl, and as you predicted Fred, it didn't get fully printed into the slight texture. However, it DID produce an interesting effect that would be the right touch in a given situation. The Edge printing on the gold leaf vinyl produces an effect that appears worn, maybe thinning from years of slight abrasions. In short, it looked like very very old gold window jobs I've seen - very antique appearance. Might be just the thing for next movie set job. haha