• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Printing on "pop-up" or no curl material.

Desert_Signs

This is what happened when I tried printing on pop-up brand material. It says solvent only, so I'm not sure where I went wrong. I am running Triangle mild solvent inks. It seems like the solvent attacked the gray back of the material. This happened on the take up on my XC-540. Turn up the heat?

I'm concerned going forward, because even if I print and keep them from touching, when I eventually roll them up in the stand, will the solvent still attack the gray? Any one had success with this stuff?

Attachments

• 20140819_102120.jpg
    20140819_102120.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 80
  • 20140819_102128.jpg
    20140819_102128.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 67

cdiesel

Brice,
I assume this is the PopUp from Feller's? We used to have some issues printing this, but figured it out. I believe we maxed out the heat and took the ink limit down a bit. We still had to unroll quickly and let it dry flat and it was G2G.

Desert_Signs

Brice,
I assume this is the PopUp from Feller's? We used to have some issues printing this, but figured it out. I believe we maxed out the heat and took the ink limit down a bit. We still had to unroll quickly and let it dry flat and it was G2G.

Exactly.

Thanks Chris! I'll try it tomorrow. Do you remember how long you let it dry for?

boxerbay

if it is glossy polyester film it is a PITA to dry. + it is solid black = PAIN. switch to POS-PRO200 or POSPRO400 thicker.

I would MAX out the heater and add a fan to the front of the machine. We are actually going to get an IR heater for the front of the printer to see if that helps out with some out gas time.

LarryB

I do not use the take up reel when printing fellers pop up material. Let it run on the floor and have a piece of coroplast underneath it so dirt does not get on the back. Cut it and lay on table for a couple hours or overnight before trimming and assembling.

shoresigns

If it's that bad, you need to try a different material. We run eco-sol on a Roland XC-540 and have no issues with this type of material. Definitely crank the heat up, and if it's still wet, slow down the head speed or try unidirectional (takes twice as long). Our prints come out dry and ready to assemble in the stand (with gloves of course).

We use Umbra blockout film from Proveer, which is very similar to POS Pro 200, and the Umbra recently upgraded the specs for better drying time, brighter white point, etc.

a77

We use the umbra as well, love the print quality. Dries fast enough on our epson with 8 pass bidrectional mode with high (but not super high) heat settings.

:thread
Shoresigns, are you laminating these ever for scratch protection?