• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Printing on transluscent vinyl?

bayviewsignworks

We have several Lexan signs in the works. I know the colors can looked washed out when they finally are installed and the light is shining through them. Is there any advice on how dark to go to make it look clean and not washed out?

Rooster

VersWorks, used Desity Control and that made it much darker. And thanks for the posts.

a

Sacrificing daytime viewing quality to get better backlit viewing isn't much of a solution.

Applying the clear vinyl behind the translucent allows correct daytime viewing and boosts the density/saturation when backlit. The best of both worlds essentially.

sjm

Are you using a White or Clear Lexan? Are you printing first surface or second surface?

CentralSigns

I did this one 2 years ago. White lexan 3/8 inch, clear print material Mactac 9800. We did the side section on right just black lettering in case he wanted to change something. I can get a night pic if ya want.

Attachments

• dogtooth croped.jpg
    dogtooth croped.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 102