• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Printing on veneers

arvindrlaxman

hello all, We have just bought the acuity advance select. We are printing on wooden veneer sheets. The print quality is good but the only problem is that the wooden veneer gets bent after the printing is done. Need few suggestions to avoid the bend.

rubo

What you're going to do with the veneer? there should be a reason to print on it, right? I print on veneer all day everyday, then mount it on a board - it can be sintra or mdf or plywood - depending on the customer request.

arvindrlaxman

What you're going to do with the veneer? there should be a reason to print on it, right? I print on veneer all day everyday, then mount it on a board - it can be sintra or mdf or plywood - depending on the customer request.

We print veneer visiting cards. thickness of the veneer is 600 microns. any solution?

rubo

something like this: http://www.cardsofwood.com ? I would order some samples to see what the material looks like. Or you can try sublimation - you'll have to first pre-coat the veneer, of course . There was/is a Gerber printer printing on plastic cards - can't remember the model ;(. That's it, run out of suggestions.

AlsEU

Printing on veneer.

hello all, We have just bought the acuity advance select. We are printing on wooden veneer sheets. The print quality is good but the only problem is that the wooden veneer gets bent after the printing is done. Need few suggestions to avoid the bend.

It's possible, that the source of the bend is the temperature under the UV lamps.
Few possible solutions:

Switch on full carriage travel.
Try to reduce the UV lamp power as low as possible to have the inks cured.
Try to print unidirectional.
Try to switch on option 'Delay on end of swath' or something similar - add 2 sec of delay at each end of swath. If the substrate still bends, try to increase the delay.

artbot

if the ink load is high, after curing the ink can shrink a bit and cause the sheet do concave in an arch.