• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

printing problem sp-300

technowolf

Hi guys
been having problem with my roland sp-300, printing is fuzy and off. Tried all the cleaning and ajustement but nothing, see attachement for example of a simple black stroke squarre,
any help is apreciated a lot
thanks

Attachments

• scan.jpg
    scan.jpg
    11.5 KB · Views: 68

GTSTech_1

The skewing on the left and right side looks like a dirty encoder strip.

The Overspray is usually the 1st sign of a head going bad.

My .02

GTSTech_1

signsandshirts

Clean you encoder strip, the ink has a fine mist that will cover it and it will not track properly, I use the little alcohol wipes, you must fold it over the strip to clean both sides. clean it till all the black residue is gone but be careful not to pull the strip out of its slot.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
That's the encoder strip. It's the clear piece running along the rail. It has a screw holding it in place. We clean ours with just water and a soft lint-free rag. Put it back in and everything should return to normal. If not...... reverse it and turn it upside down and it will still work fine.