• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Printing to Edge FX through Flexi 8

Jen Goodwin

I am trying to set up Flexi to print to the edge FX and the issue I (think) I am running into is the port number. Any suggestions as to what my problem is? I set it up TCP/IP and I went into my network settings and added the port number 9100 and set it that way when setting up the FX in Flexi but when I send something to print it goes to production manager and says "cannot open port"
I made sure in Flexi preferences that connect to Production Manager using TCP/IP is checked.

????? I have no idea what's up.

iSign

even though I don't understand any of this stuff, I saw no replies so I read your post just in case... after reading it a few times... I'm actually getting a headache :rolleyes: ...so, I guess I'll just post that you have my sympathy... good luck... I'm on to the next thing :smile:

Jen Goodwin

Thanks anyway Doug. I don't believe that you don't understand any of this stuff with all the equipment you have. ;)
It can't be this difficult to get Flexi to print!?! Others are doing it, right?
I do not need to set up a 'port number' to print through Omega.
The reason I am trying is so I can try to print 4c process separations through Flexi...you can set screen angles ect. - which you can't do in Omega; but at this point I can't even get it to print anything.

Drip Dry

I had the same problem some time ago. I admit I never was able to make it work, so I'm sorry to say I don't have an answer for you either.
I know others do it all the time.
The reason for my post, is in hope that someone else that knows, will
post an answer, or as often happens, the original poster finds out the problem on their own. If you do find out, maybe you could post your solution.

Jen Goodwin

Well...my initial problem is solved. I just put the wrong IP address. I kept putting in the IP address for the network card and not the Gerber Edge FX.
So...I at least got something to print from Flexi now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)
Now I just have to figure out how to use it.

impennyp

I am having the same problem.. 8.0v3 Flexi.. with the Edge FX... double checked the ip address.. its fine.. can you tell me the way you have it set up? is the printer connected to the pc direct with crossover cable or are you working with a network set up? I am working with a network setup and think that may be the problem..

Thanks for any assistance.

TresL

impennyp: verify you can ping the printer.

I assume Windows OS.

from a DOS window type: ping XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX
where the X's are the IP address of the printer.
to open a DOS window, go to Start-> Run -> type CMD