• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question Printing White colors

whatsinaname

We have a few designs with lot of pure white colors to make the graphics (vehicle wraps) standout. As white doesn't get printed and the base vinyl's white is what gets highlighted but the vinyl (IJ180 series) is not as white as we would like for these designs.

So how do we print white colors in actual instead of depending on the vinyl's base white color? Digital Printers with white ink or choosing vinyl media which is pure white without any other tones?

mim

0_o
There's probably some "pure white" vinyl out there that is made for printing, but it's nice to have printed white.

balstestrat

Problem Solver
Choose another vinyl. The base white varies between manufacturers. Don't forget laminate.
You are in for a whole lot of extra bullcrap if you consider printing white on white...

Last edited:

Boudica

Back to "educational purposes"
Interesting.
We have a few designs with lot of pure white colors to make the graphics (vehicle wraps) standout. As white doesn't get printed and the base vinyl's white is what gets highlighted but the vinyl (IJ180 series) is not as white as we would like for these designs.

So how do we print white colors in actual instead of depending on the vinyl's base white color? Digital Printers with white ink or choosing vinyl media which is pure white without any other tones?
Interesting... But printing white on a white vinyl is not something I've ever done... Haven't had this come up. It seems silly, but assuming you have white printing capabilities, why not
print a small test sample and see for yourself?

Superior_Adam

Printing white ink for a wrap would be pointless. It will take 2-3x longer to print and add a ton more cost. I would get samples of all the wrap materials and pick the brightest one that works for you. Once you add lam the white wont be as bright either.

netsol

do we really think PRINTED WHITE will be whiter than a good quality white vinyl?
it takes so much more solids to just get a barely acceptable white to print. (on the bright side you are printing white over white
your time might be better spent requesting printable vinyl samples & finding an acceptable substrate