• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Prints are very grainy

Tangent

Today all of my prints are grainy. I print on a HP9000 Designjet, Rip software is Flexi and design software photoshop. I have never had this type of problem before - All print test run with printer files are fine - is flexi the problem or is this a file creation problem in photoshop? Any ideas how to fix this?

sjm

Do you have a test image of your own that you can trust as a benchmark for gauging quality?

cdiesel

I've seen issues like this when the encoder strip is very dirty. It's usually accompannied by what's called stair-stepping, which is visible on the edges of the print as the print actually moving to one side or the other on the media.

chatterbox

It may be a setting you changed in either Photoshop or Flexi without you knowing. If this is a sudden change that is probably the issue.

Depends on what the print looks like, it may be the PRINT HEAD on the digital printer.

The most remote possibility is you are using a really bad vinyl or material (from China) to print on.

I would bet its the software setting and you changed it accidently.

MachServTech

Today all of my prints are grainy. I print on a HP9000 Designjet, Rip software is Flexi and design software photoshop. I have never had this type of problem before - All print test run with printer files are fine - is flexi the problem or is this a file creation problem in photoshop? Any ideas how to fix this?

Only a photo can tell us enough for us to help you.....especially if you include a pic of the color stripe as its printing.