• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

PrismJet VS. ValueJet & what did you pay?

kstompaint

I've got my shopping narrowed down to a Mutoh, but can't decide which one. I'm looking to get a 64" print/cut/laminate set up. While I am leaning toward the Prism, I don't want to make a decision on older technology and regret it.

My customers are already inquiring, and it seems that I'll be doing a lot of wraps and other vehicle graphics, as well as outdoor signs.

I've looked through previous posts, but haven't found any specifically discussing this.

Also, for anybody that has recently purchased similar equipment, what did you pay and where?

Thanks!

Valentino

prismjet V is a Valuejet.

I'm not sure about the rest of the folks, but my "Prismjet V" came in a valuejet box, and was branded mutoh VJ-1204. so I can only assume it's a valuejet.

I can go onto the mutoh website and download the firmware and it will load perfectly onto my "prisimjet"

your comparing apples to apples, I think it's funny SignWarehouse now offers the valuejet and the prismjet V, like their different things.

on a side note....prismjet sounds better.

20K, valuejet 1204, Graphtec 54", Ding-Tec laminator with shipping.

Valentino

oh yeah....by the way.... fellers is going to be selling VJ1604 pretty soon, fellers customer support is top notch and their prices are good to boot, so expect them to be a good reseller of mutoh.

Oh yeah...mutoh is going to introduce the VJ-1608, like the 1604, but it can accept media that is up to 3/4th's inch thick, so it can print on mdo and yadda yadda.

mondo

oh yeah....by the way.... fellers is going to be selling VJ1604 pretty soon, fellers customer support is top notch and their prices are good to boot, so expect them to be a good reseller of mutoh.

Oh yeah...mutoh is going to introduce the VJ-1608, like the 1604, but it can accept media that is up to 3/4th's inch thick, so it can print on mdo and yadda yadda.

Yeah but I think its 3/8" . VJ 1304 ( 54" ) and 1608 ( prints on roll and substrates).

S

Sign-Man Signs

We have a Prism Jet Extra which came with a Jr. Outdoor handbook. I think the new Value jet is the way to go with the weave print they now offer.

kstompaint

"your comparing apples to apples, I think it's funny SignWarehouse now offers the valuejet and the prismjet V, like their different things."

Sorry, what I meant was PrismJet EXtra vs. the VC (ValueJet).

Compilla

Valentino,

Is this official ? Where exactly did you find this info ? I do not see any brochures / info at Mutoh's web site.

Please share this info...

mondo

Valentino,

Is this official ? Where exactly did you find this info ? I do not see any brochures / info at Mutoh's web site.

Please share this info...

not available yet to US Market but its on its way. I think the Ink is still in the process. Corn Base Inks.

Derf

I orderd a prismJet and I got a Value Jet dropped shipped from Mutoh.. I think SW ran out at the time

I think I payed like $14k for the printer, Flexi Pro, and take up system

Valentino

GO WITH THE VALUEJET, it really reduces banding which helps your bottom line look better.

compilla.......look at the attached picture.

Attachments

• 102_0201.jpg
    102_0201.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 200

3dsignco

Recently Bought a System From Signage Specialties in Denver. (great Customer Service and Support)
1604 and Graphtec7000 54" 24K but also upgraded 2 Signlabs.
And waiting on delivery of our Laminator next week. I Hope.

Talk to my rep about the 1608 yesterday as I was thinking about upgrading our system to that and there talking around 39K for that system. But won't be available till next year.

Urban Image

Mutoh still hasn't decided on a price for the 1608 yet. I've heard Mutoh execs say everything from $70,000 to $40,000. From what I've seen I would MSRP it at $49,995.

3dsignco

Was getting a few Emails so I thought I would post this sorry I was wrong about what I paid, I was a little tired.

:beer:beer:beer

I went and pulled my paper work. I bought all this from Signage Specialties In Denver
Total was 30K.
I Borrowed 24K Forgot I traded in our old Roland.

Mutoh Printer was 22K
Graphtec 54 Plotter 6K
Signlab Upgrades for 2 Stations 2 for 1 deal 900
Trade in on Roland -5K

So really it was 28K for the printer and Plotter.

I just ordered a New 64" laminator (Royal Soveregn) for the shop with Heat assist. It is costing me $7200.

And yes the Graphtec has the Optical eye.

Valentino

you don't have to run 64" material through your 64" printer.

you can get 30", 36", 48", 54" material to contour cut.

KR3signguy

If your going to be doing a lot of wraps & printed signage,
you should strive for a fast machine that can really spit out the production. You'll need it when your at the 11th hour & your installing the wrap & need to reprint 2 panels cuz of murphys law crept in and all your other deadlines will still have to be met & don't have the time to jockey around deadlines because it only prints so fast.
Good luck.

Valentino

as far as I'm concerned the valuejet is truly the best in it's class, at 147sfph in banner and 80 in production, this is heads above roland, mimaki in the same price range.

so if you starting to get into digital printing, this is an amazing printer.