• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

problem mimaki

nardDesign

My Printer - Plotter is named Mimaki CJV 30 160 , I have a problem with it ****ERROR 200**** HEAD MEMORY (----)

The problem is presented to a circuit breaker, then my serviser while he changed fuses has damaged transistors, and the same problem I have reviewed with different repairmants and had no choice.
When the Plotter switches on , it enters the boot,it gets connected to the program CJV 30 160 and immediately Reports Inappropriate **** **** ERROR 200 MEMORY (----) HEAD, keyboard does not light up,
the lights in the colors do not work, only SILDER board has not turned on the lights (LED) while others boards have the lights on !!

Is there anyone that could help me with this problem? PLEASE HELP ME ??? , THANK YOU

Freese

Whenever I see a head memory..it's that multi colored cable that goes from Slider to the print head itself. Check it for damage

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Whenever I see a head memory..it's that multi colored cable that goes from Slider to the print head itself. Check it for damage

+1 on checking the multi colored cable. Also, I have seen this error pop up when the cables running from the main board to the slider board are damaged.

nardDesign

Thank you very much for reply but:
That cable that you mentioned i think is working and the error is still showing.
Is there any another reason that my mimaki isn't working.

Or when I can get further support from mimaki developers for helping to repair my problem.

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
You "think" it's working.... I've had the same issue and it was the cables as well. Both the cables to the head from the slider and the main cables from the slider to the main board are pretty well documented to cause this exact issue and there was even a Mimaki Tech notice for this. The problem is the cables get creased to a near 90 degree angle right where they go into their sockets and eventually start to make intermittent contact. The Mimaki fix (if they have not yet started breaking at the crease) is to add some foam to hold them out at a curve instead of a crease.
The tch notice is for the FFC (main cables) to the slider board - attached - but it's also well know that the cables can also have a problem right where they bend to go into the printhead.

The only other cause - your printhead is going bad.

Thank you very much for reply but:
That cable that you mentioned i think is working and the error is still showing.
Is there any another reason that my mimaki isn't working.

Or when I can get further support from mimaki developers for helping to repair my problem.

Attachments

• JV33fixingFFC.pdf
    556 KB · Views: 236

kunlaci

Mimaki Jv4 board spares??

Hi guys,
I recently ambitioned myself to repair my JV4 which refuses ot print at channels 1-4, found the problem , it some parts on HDC board but can't find anybody including sales or repair person who know what is and from where to purchase a piece, I try to put a picture, I know it has 3 legs :), and when we measure it it's shorted, also the chip near that...CHip I found but this spare, on which is stamoed 100-120 and described with an L in documents can't figure it out.
Hope someone can help, thanks
mimaki%20HDC.jpg

Attachments

• mimaki HDC.jpg
    mimaki HDC.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 236

nardDesign

hello again, 1st the mimaki is working and it's connected with cjv 30 160 version.
And then it's showing that error that I mentoined above. And the cables are controlled and they're working. And all the leds are working (also print head), except Slider Board. Is that possible that Slider Board is damaged.

here is a video , I tried to explain more better for you. again very very thanks, I appreciate everyone for help

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cSRtcER28SU

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
Ok - I've attached an electrical troubleshooting document. This will help you test if your mainboard, sliderboard, or printhead are damaged.

This is a bit advanced and you will need a multimeter to do these tests. Follow the instructions carefully - the printer MUST BE UNPLUGGED for 15 minutes or more to allow the capacitors on the boards to fully discharge. Failure to do so - (when disconnecting anything electrical on a JV33) can result in further electrical damage to the machine.

All of the JV33 technical documentation can be downloaded in this thread as well - probably should go ahead and get it all...

http://www.signs101.com/forums/showthread.php?t=80525

Attachments

• JV33electricaltesting.pdf
    557.1 KB · Views: 336

kunlaci

electrical testing

by any chance you have the same scheme for the JV4 too? I measured and cross-measured but just how I was thinking it should be

Thank you!

nardDesign

You guys helped me so much but I still didn't solve the problem.
If anybody can find me a scheme for Mainboard that will help me so much.
Thank you

artbot

the maintanence manual has a very simplified drawing of the main board and then bread downs of each section of the main board. do you have all the documentation for this pritner?