• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Problem printing canvas on Roland Re640

CJ1

Hi everyone hop you can help me.

When I print a solid colour on canvas I get this wierd random line issue.

Did a head check which was fine. Printing banner out perfectly on same setting as the canvas. Could it be the media causing the problem

Anyone had this before?

Attachments

• IMG_20200525_180120.jpg
    IMG_20200525_180120.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 332

CJ1

The print head movement also sounds slightly different than normal but have done all my normal checks. Seems quiter.

CJ1

Hi guys thanks for the replys.

It's from colorbyte. I have never had this problem before and have used 100s.

Been stored behind the printer in its Usual packing box with wrapper. About 1 month old due to lockdown

Thanks

CJ1

Hi we always run the head on low. I have printed loads of other media since abd it's worked great so must be the canvas stock.

Looks like low dot gain or pressure issue, The material may also not be printable, also if the canvas roll was laid down and had a flatspot this could be possible because of how uniform the defect is.

Jun Lanon

I also print on a canvas using a flatbed and I've noticed these types of streaks or unusual banding. After turning off the vacuum, the prints became more solid.