• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Problem with CET Inks

RyanFelty

Is anyone else who owns a CET Flatbed having problems with their inks? We are currently having customers bring back signs because the ink just chips right off when put outside. Our coroplast signs are having the most difficulty.

RyanFelty

It has great adhesion at first...Cannot scrape the ink off or anything. But, once the signs go outside the ink chips a couple months later. Thanks for the welcome Gino how's business out in Reading??

Gino

Premium Subscriber
It has great adhesion at first...Cannot scrape the ink off or anything. But, once the signs go outside the ink chips a couple months later. Thanks for the welcome Gino how's business out in Reading??
:thumb: for the business part.

• As for your adhesion problem.... are you using any adhesion promoters ??
  • Are you storing your Cor-X flat ??
  • Are you sure you're not getting some cheap knock-off brand from China and the corona is gone ??
  • A big factor is high much U/V lighting they get from what I understand. They dry it too hard, so to speak and the ink doesn't knit in properly.

Some people say to try 1/2 lamps, uni-passes, do this do that.... it's all experimental.

However, I also heard the CET's had the best ink for Cor-X, styrene and other plastics...... time will tell.

benjakes

Ryan,

I own one and had two issues. The first time it wore off later was because my bulbs were old and not fully curing. Have you checked this?

Other time I bought cheap board that outgassed.

Which series you using. They don't warrant the high gamut ink, just the high adhesion series.

Coro is the wrong substrate if they need more than 30 days IMO. That is why it is 8/sheet

benjakes

Also, custom sunjet Inks.

You can call sunjet for support also.

I did once and they sent a report on the board.

RyanFelty

Thanks for all the help and possible problems. The bulbs we have in are brand new but the ones we had in when we made these signs could have been bad. We are just having multiple coro signs come back and the ink flakes right off. I will have to check into better materials. We also have a colorspan 5460 and the coro signs that come off that printer seem to last forever. Have you had any trouble printing on large acrylic sign boards? Every time we print one it gets towards the end of the board and it starts to band.

cwb143

We use Adhesion master ze720. Problem Solved.
we also use Adhesion Promoter 680 for pvc materials if needed.

RyanFelty

Well we figured out the problem... The coro supplier we used was not getting corona treated coro. Thanks for all the help!