• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Problem with Mimaki JV33

Edwin Mukiria

Hello,
This error message showed up when I switched on my jv33 printer this morning, first error 202 with some strange (Japanese???) script shows up, then when I press enter,
HEAD-MEM:1
IMAGE-MEM:128MB.
When I press enter again, some strange (Japanese) script shows up again, and when I press enter again, the
HEAD-MEM:1
IMAGE-MEM:128MB message comes back, and this just continues. Even after numerous power offs and so on.
Anybody know what this problem is and how to fix it?
Thanks in advance.
Edwin.

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
Could be a few things but the head cables and/or the real long flat cables from the slider board to the mainboard will often get stress cracks and cause this. Printhead getting weird can also cause this. Also could be a transistor going (or gone) bad on the slider or mainboard.

You will also get this error every time if you install a non-original (not a IH47V with the green connector) DX5 printhead when the printers firmware is at version 3 or higher. At firmware version 3 Mimaki added code to make the printer reject non-oem printheads... :banghead: Interestingly, even if it's some other issues like a cable or whatever, downgrading the printer to firmware version 2.2 will probably make the error go away and it will continue to print just fine.... Keeping the firmware at 2.2 also allows you to use a non-oem head without any problems. Thats where ours has been for quite some time.

Until you resolve the error by either fixing whatever might be causing it or downgrading the firmware which might work the printer will not print, period. It is dead in the water until you resolve this.

Solvyman

That is correct, downgrade the firmware, had the same problem last week, downgraded to 2.2 and started printing agani, no worries

styler

Having same probs

Hi guys.

Having the same issues. Plz if anyone has the proper firmware v2.20 and parameters. I would really appreciate it. My printer has be down for over a month. Had to replace main board. Power supply and new head. Also replaced ffc cables from slider to head.
Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Styler

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
What firmware is your machine running? Regardless - the parameters for another machine will not work properly for yours. You need to have the backup of your parameters if you change the mainboard or you will need to contact Mimaki for them. The parameters are specific for each machine.

styler

Howzit Sightline.

This wat happened. While printing i noticed loss of cyan. Tried clean, nozzle wash, flushing manifold still no luck. So put head back printer does not start up.
Tech replaced new main board, head and powersupply.
Connected new ffc cables to printhead. Error 200. So tech decides to use old cables. Blows the main board.
Took both boards to a friend. The A1742 and c4550 transistors wer blown on both boards.
So friend took off good transistors from new board and put it on old board. So tevh could not make it so guided me. I put old board back in with new head and ffc cables. Error 202 device contruction. Formware v4.2.
Downgraded firmware to 2.2. Screan shows boot. Then head1 eeprom...please wait. Flashing close a cover. Taped up all three sensors. Still says close a cover. Unpuged sensors from circuit boards. Still same story.

Any help plz. Im running out of options. Tech is coming 2moro but not sure abt close a cover message.

Thanks

styler

Hi Sightline
We are using mimaki dx5 printhead stamped on box made in japan. The connectors are green aswell and not black. So im assuming its oem head. On v4.2 gives error 202. On v2.2 starts up checks head1 eeprom ram then says close a cover.

Plz help

Thanks

Styler

styler

Hi Sightline

Plz could you help with any info.

Ive tried 2 different heads now. Repaired main board. 2 sets head cables. On version 2.2 it throws error 07 head...
On version 4.4 it throws error 202.

Heres the funny thing. On version 4.4 with error 202 i can go into normal mode and it wants to print. But then throws error 07. When i remove head cables from either slider board or head no errors. Can print a job but no ink comes through the head to create the print.

On version 2.2. No errors on start up. Can go straight to print. Error 07 again. Remove head cables again from either slider or head. Goes to print normal without errors but no actual printing on material.

Im a sitting duck now. Could it be the slider board. I would assume if head cables are on slider board and not in head ot should throw and error. Same of cables are on head and not in slider.

Plz help

Thanks

Styler

getcustomized

Replace the slider, replace the head, replace the head to slider cables, then have your motherboard repaired again! Plug it in and pray it works!

styler

Hi Get customized

I have tried 2 dx5 oem unlocked heads. New head cables x2.
This is what it does now. Start up error 07 the moment the cartridge valves open. So i removed 1 cartridge. Start up fine. Insert cartridge back in. No error. Sometimes it get the error back when valve opens other times not. When no error and i test draw i get like solid blocks printing. Then all of a sudden it picks up linear encoder sensor.
I have not changed the slider as yet. Could it be the slider thats causing this problem.
Attached are images from test draw and actual job sent to print.

Thanks
20161004_124311.jpg 20161004_124311.jpg 20161004_124311.jpg

getcustomized

Seems your motherboard is still bad. You can contact Kent at Macmedia in NY state for repair he charges about $275 USD plus shipping. he will replace all transistors and such for this price. See you can't just replace the parts in a motherboard that are bad like your friend did. You have to replace all necessary parts and Kent will do that.

Also it never hurts to put in a new slider with new head cables . Even if it wasn't the slider at least you will have a spare as a back up.

styler

Thanks for reply customized.
I think i will send board to kent.
I played with some settings and now prints with just lines as attached image. The test print and actual print are the same. Also. Just to mention the heads im using now are new original dx5 heads. 20161007_151012.jpg

styler

Hi Frank

Thanks alot. I did do that. Its all sorted. The 2nd cable the thin one. Was at fault. All up and running now.
Thanks to all that took time to reply.

God bless

Enjoy