• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Problem with static cling

SSG_SIGNS

We have currently done the change over to Triangle Inks and we are now having problems printing a clean image without bleeding. Does anyone else have this problem or know of a better product? Any comments on this will be appreciated..

MikePro

i've been having the same bad luck lately, as well. Was running bordeaux inks for the past year and recently started overspraying on all my prints... parts replacement, cleanings, etc. nothing helped and every service tech wanted to blame the inks. So I swapped back to OEM, and it did help... but I'm thinking the flush may have been the trick.

I still overspray, however, but only when I run my Onyx software to print.... ijdk why, but I've confirmed it must be a software/profile issue due to printing the same files on ily-Flexi software my friend has on his laptop. ALL MY PRINTS ARE COMMING OUT CLEAN!!! what the hell?

Best of luck to ya, but don't be so quick to blame the inks. I know plenty of people that run Triangle and they are very happy with it. Could also be a bad batch of inks, happens with all the brands... even OEM. I will most likely be sticking with OEM for a while, especially since my printer runs in a smaller space shared by our sticker girl... who HATES the smell of 3rd party inks. Since the swap back to OEM, no complaints of the solvent smell.

SSG_SIGNS

I have always had a problem printing on cling but it was banding not bleeding but I could atleast make that go away some what. Don't get me wrong we love the Triangles, don't have any complaints, but this is the first issue I have seen. We have a call into Triangle tech so we will see what they say..

MikePro

try rubbing the surface of a piece of scrap with a dryer sheet, and then running it through a print... see if your static issue goes away. That was another diagnosing tool I was introduced to when everyone thought my problem was a static-related ink deflection.

permanent fix to this problem, if so, would be to raise humidity in your printing environment and possibly to find mechanical ways to ground different points on your printer. Also try just turning off your printer, unplugging from the wall, and pressing the power button a few times to discharge your printer. Then replug and reprint.

SSG_SIGNS

Static issue didn't occur to me, I will definately try that and see if that works. Thanks for the input