• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Need Help Problem with vp540i

KapaSigns

Hello,
I would like your help with a problem I'm having with my printer, I've had some issues with the ribbon cable that connects the control panel (lcd) to the main board. I took the camble and replaced it, now as soon as I plug the printer into the socket, the machine turns on automatically and it immediately gives me the message "press the power key to clean" then it beeps continuously but no matter what button I press, nothing happens . Can you help me if you have encountered this error again please. I have change the lithium battery and i have check the fuses and its ok

Yours sincerely

damonCA21

Turn the printer on in service mode and see if it gives the same message, and try pressing enter. If it doesn't then run a standard clean in service mode, then restart the printer in normal mode. Often this will clear it

KapaSigns

Turn the printer on in service mode and see if it gives the same message, and try pressing enter. If it doesn't then run a standard clean in service mode, then restart the printer in normal mode. Often this will clear it
thank you for the response, but as I wrote previously, as soon as I turn on the printer, it opens by itself without me having time to press the power key, with the result that I do not have time to enter in service mode

KapaSigns

It could also be a problem with your control panel board and the enter button isn't working
Thanks a lot, but the electronic technician who I work with, has already changed the button because he believes that this was the problem. but unfortunately no change

damonCA21

Have you tried unplugging the printer from the wall, leaving 15 minutes, then plugging back in and see if it does the same thing?

damonCA21

OK well if you have replaced the control panel, and the cable and they are both working, then it will be a problem on the main board

KapaSigns

What was the original problem you had with the control panel?
Good morning, the problem started when the printer had power and the heads were the same. the control panel wouldn't open. we knew that the cable tape was worn and we changed it. the electrician told me it would be good to replace the buttons as well, which we did. meanwhile the control panel turns on, makes a sound and writes the message I wrote in the original post

damonCA21

Ok, generally if you have a problem with the actual panel or cable, you will either get nothing on the panel, or it just shows random characters. I think your fault now is with the mainboard. It sounds like the main CPU is faulty

KapaSigns

Ok, generally if you have a problem with the actual panel or cable, you will either get nothing on the panel, or it just shows random characters. I think your fault now is with the mainboard. It sounds like the main CPU is faulty
Thank you for your time, I think you are right. you help me a lot, at least I will know where to start looking. thank you again