• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Problem wrapping IS300 Bumper with Oracal 970RA Matte Black

cmaxdesigns

I am in the middle of wrapping an IS300 (my own car) and this is the 2nd time I have wrapped it. The first time I wrapped the car with Avery Supercast Vinyl which was a breeze when it came to the bumper, however, I am now wrapping the car with Oracal 970RA Matte Black and no matter what technique I use the material will not wrap around the top of the bumper correctly. I am now on my 3rd piece of vinyl and cannot seem to keep the material from bunching up so bad that heat can't help it. I am only having the problem once I crest over the top side of the bumper and work it back towards the trunk. Does anyone have experience with this material on complex curves like a rear bumper? Any tips to get me through this would be greatly appreciated.

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
Doing my truck in the same material right now. Been taking my time though as it's not been urgent for me to finish it fast. I've saved the hardest part for last.... the bed. My truck is a stepside. Probably going to tackle it this weekend.

GypsyGraphics

wraps- I will post pic tomorrow

Gypsy- sounds reasonable, like I stated above I will show you mine tomorrow.

here's my bumper... let's have a look-see at your's cmax.
camryBumper_rear.jpg

GypsyGraphics

Whoa GG that is some Camry...or wait, is it a corolla?

Have any full pics...? Curious to see what the rest of it looks like!

it's a camry Pat... and ummmm there a reason you aren't seeing the whole car.

dare i show you the other side???
i think not.... let's just oh and ah over the pretty side.

SightLine

║▌║█║▌│║▌║▌█
Partially finished truck.... going to hopefully have time to finish it this weekend.

Attachments

• IMG_3353.jpg
    IMG_3353.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 132