• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

problems installing a refurb kit on my Mutoh

racerxmccoy

Okay fella's I am in need of some urgent help. I may have already lost one client over this so anything you can do for me would be so much appreciated! here it is:

1. I've bought a refurb kit through CMYK parts was attempting to install everything from the kit.
2. I think I've got the pump, and capping station installed with no issue (I've replaced the complete waste station before, but this is my first attempt at just the individual components.
3. I replaced all 6 dampers and manually drew ink through them with a syringe as shown on the CMYK parts you tube video (never done this before)
4. I replaced both print heads with the new ones from the kit (had no idea how to do this and no instructions, so I just simply put them in where the old ones were)
5. I've run a few cleaning cycles and the "fill" cycle but I'm getting nothing on my prints.

Please help! what am I doing wrong? it would seem that I need to somehow let the machine know that I've replaced the heads or something. I am also not sure that I'm getting a good seal on the capping station. It looks like there is a little bit of magenta coming out of one waste tube, but nothing in the other......

Would one of you kind souls be able to help a poor lost stranger please!!!! I'm desperate.

Ghost Prophet

Some instructions on setting your head rank:

While your printer is off, hold down the top 3 buttons "cleaning", "menu", and "shift" all at the same time and flick your on switch, keep holding them down and this will bring you into the technical menu.

From there scroll down with your advance button (as if you were going to shoot the material out from the machine toward yourself) to the Adjustment menu. Hit the "enter" button and then scroll down again to "HeadRank". You can then input your head ranks on left/right heads.

There are other procedures you need to complete when changing your print heads that you should refer to a service manual for, like alignment.

Once you've figured out how to set your head rank, you should scroll through the "adjustment" menu to find a "home" option and use that as well. It will home your head carriage to the capping station, and if that doesn't work, make sure your heads are placed correctly.

Lastly, if you have clients waiting for product, you should outsource some of your jobs. Can usually find someone near you on this forum.

ahollow

And if you didn't power down properly, you may have blown the head fuses. A search for "head fuses" will help you out there.

Ghost Prophet

And if you didn't power down properly, you may have blown the head fuses. A search for "head fuses" will help you out there.

Good call... I also always neglect to tell people that they should probably be grounded when working on the printer. Unplugged + Grounded = Win

Never touch a green board (circuit board) when your printer is on.