• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

problems with artpath

openwood

Has anyone ever had problems with artpath giving the error box No outlines producded. this has happened a couple of times in the past but was usually resolved.Most of the time the problem is that there is a "stem",loop or opening in the shape.This does not seem to be the case here.Designs are done on AI 10.I dont know if this could be the problem because of the age differances in the software.The shape is converted to RPT. and then I try to male cut the shape with 1/8 bit and get error box.the wierd part is the shape with read a female cut and an engrave path but not the male in the 1/8".to make things more confusing the shape will read a male cut with the 1/4" but ends up skipping most of the detail.I only have basic understanding of how AI works but the designer claims the drawing is CLEAN as can be.He usually does good work but is new to the company and is not fimiliar with how most files need to be prepared for the table.the software can be very picky sometimes when i do smaller peices.

Brian :unclesam:

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
If you have Illustrator on hand, I'd recommend saving it back to version 5 or even to version 3 and try it again. If you don't have Illustrator on hand, then bring it through any other application that will open it and save it to a format you know to be good for your Artpath import.

I would also recommend that you check it for duplicate paths directy on top of eachother. This seems to happen with some AI and EPS files prepared in Illustrator where merging of paths has been done on compounding of multiple paths.

Mike

I had the same problem at times. Try adding more nodes to the shape or copy and paste sometimes resizing it bigger then back down to it's original size works to.

dennis j

Brian, do you have the Omega software if you do try to open it in Omega then add fills save as a plt file. Then open it in Artpath see if this takes care of the problem it has been a while since I have used Artpath not sure if this will work or not hope this helps.

Tony Teveris

ArtPath - no shapes generated

Since Artpath is my "baby" I need to reply although I already PM'ed Brian. The older Artpath (16 bit - GA and Omega 1.54) uses an older "outline" module that has it problems dealing with "loops", "back tracing" and just plain "dirty" data. With the intro of the 32 bit version of ArtPath we now use a newer "outline" module that attempts to find and clean up the "dirty" data paths before attempting to create a tool offset. Until I hear from Brain I'll assume that Brian is operating the older software. I would think (only from the bug reports I see) that the 32 bit version has really helped with this problem.

openwood

Fred you solved the problem.I read the post to the the office manager that has been helping with the design work while the new designer gets comfortable.she said that the file had compounding of multiple paths.removed them and created a .01 off set path and resaved the file.It worked great.I will post a picture of the peice when it is comepleted.We are making multiple mock-ups and sales peices for the themeing of a new indoor waterpark that will require alot of table work.
Yes i am running the old artpath purchased in 99 I think that i need to update the software and computer soon.Just cant decide if we should spend the money for the 3d software when there is no time to learn it.I am thinking of just updating artpath that comes with omega.I think I was told it was 995.00.
I dont even have omega,grafix advantage 6.2 i think.
Thanks everyone
Brian :unclesam: