• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Problems with Graphtec ce5000-60 and flexi

wallswag

Hello everyone!

I just bought a new graphtec ce5000-60 and bought flexi starter 10 to cut basic 1 color vinyl graphics.

I make all my eps files in illustrator and simply import them into flexi and cut.

But now with the new graphtec I am having troubles doing so.

I used the the robo pro software it came with to test cut some basic words and it worked fine.

When I tried to use flexi it would roll out my entire roll of vinyl until the screen told me "NO MEDIA"

I was using a sheet not a roll. And I tried both settings, telling the machine it wqas a sheet, and telling it was a roll. And the other time it would roll out like 10 inches of the vinyl and then start to cut my image but not in the bottom right hand corner like I wanted. It also was cutting the words horizantly.

NOW, After I installed robo master pro and the "Graphtec cutting plotter pro" when I sent the basic TEXT cut form flexi it is cutting in the bottom right hand corner like i WANTED but is NOT cutting my graphic. It is cutting random numbers and letters really small and from top to bottom, not left to right.

It cut this:

"A138 . 912: PR: PD: PD1485: " and so on....

Please if anyone uses a graphtec and flexi software please give me any advice you might have. This is becoming very frustrating for me coming from an expensive cutter. I also have orders that need to be shipped out from a week ago :(

You need to change the command mode in the Graphtec cutter settings. I believe you want it set to HP-GL to work with Flexi. The GP-GL mode works fine with robo master but not with Flexi. I had the same experience of cutting out random numbers and letters before I changed the command mode.

wallswag

You need to change the command mode in the Graphtec cutter settings. I believe you want it set to HP-GL to work with Flexi. The GP-GL mode works fine with robo master but not with Flexi. I had the same experience of cutting out random numbers and letters before I changed the command mode.

Cool thanks! That solved the problem of it cutting those little letters.

But now I am back to my old problems :(

I have a sheet of vinyl in right now.

I have a basic text graphic for it to cut in flexi.

When i tell the cutter it's "ROLL 2" and I push send from flexi all the cutter will do is roll out the whole sheet until the sensor doesnt see the vinyl anymore and it tells me NO MEDIA.

Now, when I tell the cutter im using a sheet of vinyl it will cut but again, it rolls out a good 3/4 of the viyl and then begins to cut but I want it to cut in the bottom right hand corner.

So basically my problem now is where it is starting the cut.

I have it set in flexi to cut in the bottom right hand corner, and the origin is set on the bottom right hand corner of the vinyl in the machine but it still decides to roll out a bunch of the vinyl and start magically in the middle or near the middle.

Any suggestions?

wallswag

Has anyone have had trouble with aligning what they want to cut?

When I use flexi starter 10 it will NOT cut in the bottom right hand corner for some reason.

Any suggestions?

mfatty500

Try using your arrow, on the cutter moving to the right and push the origin button. in the mean time I'll look in my manual.

wallswag

Try using your arrow, on the cutter moving to the right and push the origin button. in the mean time I'll look in my manual.

Yea I used the arrows to place the cut at the bottom right hand corner setting the origin. Then after I click send in flexi it rolls like 3/4 of the vinyl then starts to cut like in towards the middle.

I'm still trying to figure it out haha

mfatty500

There is a way to reset the defaults on the Graphtec, I had to do it a couple of months ago, but of course I can't remember. Anybody out there know how to do it??

mfatty500

Just looked in a another forum, to reset: Turn machine off, now hold down the"UP" arrow, now turn machine back on while holding down the "UP" arrow. I believe that is the reset. Hope this helps

wallswag

Just looked in a another forum, to reset: Turn machine off, now hold down the"UP" arrow, now turn machine back on while holding down the "UP" arrow. I believe that is the reset. Hope this helps

Thanks!

Still no luck though :( It still will not cut in the bottom right hand corner.

Same problems :/

wallswag

Contact the seller and ask for a new one if they can not resolve the issue at hand... does not make any sense.

Yea, I called the place I bought it from and they said it seems like a technical issue and gave me the number to graphtec.

I complained, telling them I have had it for several days trying to figure this out and i told them what was wrong and they didn't try to help or a "sorry to hear that" or anything.

Just said, call graphtech..

CS-SignSupply

More than likely you will call and have to leave a voicemail with Graphtec. I would also recommend emailing them at support@graphtecamerica.com.

Option to return it? Get one that includes some technical assistance other than manufacturer?

Maybe you can download a trial version of this: https://secure.logmein.com/products/pro/ and I can log in to see if I can find a software setting issue... Makes no sense to buy a product and get no help.

If this is an option, log into the CiberSupply Live Chat and I will do what I can. Live Chat

SS Inc.

When you have aligned your "sheet" of vinyl...meaning pinch wheels lowered, the lcd will say "Roll 2 something, something...".

Hit enter button on graphtec (this will send the cutter head out to "measure the media". If you are using 24" media, the lcd should say something in the neighborhood of 22.2 or so (if your pinch rollers are set at one end of the machine and the other). Then hit origin. That is where the cutting will begin. Send vector file from flexi or wherever....

royster13

Will Graphtec give you any assistance with a 3rd party software like Flexi?.....Why not use the software that came with your cutter?....

CS-SignSupply

Solved.

When the cutter was setup using Roll 1 or Roll 2 and a job sent from Flexi... media would go to end and trip the rear edge sensor 'No Media'

When the cutter was setup using Sheet and a job sent from Flexi... media would feed to end and cut the object in the middle of the vinyl.

All settings within Flexi and driver settings were checked and double checked.

Turns out, when the settings for COMMAND were set to HP-GL, the Origin Pt option was set to Center....

Changed to L.L. (Lower Left) and all good.