• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

production manager problems

skasigns

I'm not sure how to explain my problem. I'm using Flexi. Usually when I send a rip and print job, I can go into production manager and see my printer and plotter listed. For some reason, every once in a while, my production manager messes up. I can usually restore my computer and fix this. I've tried doing that this time, but it didn't help. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!!

choucove

Are you meaning that once in a while when you send a job to Production Manager that your printer/plotter does not show up in the list to print to?

I have had this happened just a couple times quite a while back. I believe there was an issue with the drivers I had installed, though I'm not sure if it was that they were the wrong drivers to run the plotter (Graphtec FC1400-130 drivers for a FC1500-130 plotter) or the drivers were installed incorrectly.

Another question as well, how is the printer/plotter connected to the computer? USB, Parallel, or Firewire or something else?

For some reason it could be something as simple as a loose connection, so the Production Manager can't see the printer/plotter when it initializes, or it could be a bad cable. Just something to check perhaps.

skasigns

Yes, they're not in the list. Usually when I go to Production Manager, it will show my Mimaki and my Graphtec. Now, when I send a print job, it will print. When I send a cut job, it will cut. When I try to do both, it just says it's ripping and then printing. It doesn't give me anything to click on the cut what I've printed. Like I said, restoring usually takes care of it, but not this time.
I'll double check my cables to make sure they're not loose.

Thanks a lot!

The solution to your issue is simple. Normally, the Production Manager interface divides into two panes, with the devices (plotters, printers etc) in the left pane, and the jobs going to the devices in the right pane.

What happens on occasion (for no known reason) is that when the application is opened, the right pane 'swallows' the entire screen real estate, making it look like the left pane is gone.

In reality, all you need to do is to position your cursor over the left vertical edge of the Production Manager window, and 'drag' your mouse to the right. While doing this action, you'll see the cursor assume the form of a two-headed arrow (pointint left and right). Release the mouse in the middle of the window, and voila, you are back to the normal two-paned Production Manager that we all are used to.

Bob

Conor Knoxx

LOL!
I was just coming to this thread, to post this VERY question... and here's the question, the comments, and the answer, all sitting here waiting!

What an amazing place!

:U Rock:

gabagoo

I find every 6 weeks or so that Flexi fails to load the drivers and has no idea what equipment I have. In that case I usually reboot the computer and all is well again

jennyssigns

Finally something that I may be of help to.

I use to have this problem a lot. Sometimes I could reboot, sometimes I would have to restore my computer to a earlier date, but I figured out that everytime Windows would do an automatic update it would happen. I turned off the automatic updates and it hasn't happened since.

skasigns

In reality, all you need to do is to position your cursor over the left vertical edge of the Production Manager window, and 'drag' your mouse to the right. While doing this action, you'll see the cursor assume the form of a two-headed arrow (pointint left and right). Release the mouse in the middle of the window, and voila, you are back to the normal two-paned Production Manager that we all are used to.

Bob[/quote]

This took care of it. Thank you SO much!

Conor Knoxx

yep...
I got in to the shop this morning, and checked this right away.
Sure enough!!
I don't know what's worse - that it was such an easy fix, or that I should have known better!! Doh!.

Thanks again!

SolGraphix09

Another Similar ?

Im Just Installing My Neww Plotter Onto My Neww Computer...Added The Plotter But It Did Nott Plott...Noww I Went Back To See What Problem I Had And Production Manager Will Nawt Open At All...I Even Uninstalled The Programs and Re-Installed Them But The Same Problem Exists...What Should I Do??..Thanks In Advance

SignBurst PCs

How is your printer connected to the plotter? What kind of connection?

I don't think this is related to the problem in this tread, you might try starting a new thread.