• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Profesional Advice Please!

STAR Graphix

Not a complete newbie just didnt know where I could put all my ?'s in one place, Sorry if it gets long winded...

Currently I have a 24" Master Cutter, I design in Corel Draw 10, and cut from flexi Starter. Even though its a cheap operation, It has worked really well as an expanding hobby over the past two years. Jan 1, 2008 is my official (legal) opening as STAR Graphix and Im looking to upgrade/ expand sometime soon.

First off, I want a better, reliable, QUIETER, more precise cutter like a Gerber or Roland. I been around a Gerber while it was cutting and really liked it fast and quiet.

2nd... Several Logos that I have drawn People wanted them on Business cards, and I had to email my work to another company so they could print it. I'm also close to several dirt tracks, an Asphault track, go-cart tracks and a Drag strip that I have done work for and would like to get into Hero cards/ post cards for the race teams and small posters for Local Advertisement away from racing. Its hard for me to find info on what kind of printer will do this and if there is one Magic Machine that can range from Full color business cards to Full color hero cards or poster.

3rd... I like Corel 10, but it is all I have ever used also. I would like to upgrade to Corel X3 ,Even if it is more than I can use at first, Im willing to learn it. I think it will work good with the photo stuff, If I get the printer.

If i get the small printer, I probably wont push it till I get comfortable with it, but I would like any info on that if possible. I would also like to know If Corel X3 is the "Best Bet" for this line of work, or if its a little overboard. Lastly, Even though I have been very Satisfied with My master cutter I dont think no one will argue with improving to a more reputable brand.

I apoligize if it sounds choppy, typing is not really my thing. Everything i say doesnt always make it too the keyboard.....Thanks in Advance, Any info is Greatly Appreciated

cOrKinSA

. Its hard for me to find info on what kind of printer will do this and if there is one Magic Machine that can range from Full color business cards to Full color hero cards or poster.
I hope you know the target audience you were referring to wont help you come close to paying of the 10k+ printer you are asking for.
You are better off using a supplier for project like this.

onesource

Corel 10 is not too bad and 13 has a few different options I like, I use sign tools3 with it and I think it works great. There are other programs that work great with corel also.
Plotters with servo motors are quiet so you can pick plenty that will work for you.
As far as printers just do your reseach and choose what you can move to, but if your business is good and staying stable I wouldn't buy anything. Only upgrade when your business forces you to, you can outsource until you know your growth is steady and demanding.

Bogie

Yeah, for business cards or bubblegum cards, you can't even _begin_ to go as low as some of the big print shops... They can print them, and sell them to you, lower than your paper cost.

Find a good vendor with good turnaround, and add value with the graphics.

BadAss

Dude, I have got a line on the lowest price place I have ever had cards and such done. I have been doing cards, postcards etc. for years and just went to a new co. They are awesome. PM me and I will let you know. Don't want to step on any toes here.. Also if you want to upgrade to X3, if you go to Fry's electronics you can upgrade to the X3 with the student version and they don't care if your a student or not Saves a lot of $$$ See Ya....Mykel

cOrKinSA

Dude, I have got a line on the lowest price place I have ever had cards and such done. I have been doing cards, postcards etc. for years and just went to a new co. They are awesome. PM me and I will let you know. Don't want to step on any toes here.. Also if you want to upgrade to X3, if you go to Fry's electronics you can upgrade to the X3 with the student version and they don't care if your a student or not Saves a lot of $$$ See Ya....Mykel
What supplier are you refering to? We probably mentioned them here already.

BadAss

It's a Trade only Co. So since they don't do any of the street business it is very well priced...And since you asked I will post it for all. You must reg. and they check on your business. It takes about a day but well worht it. I just had 1000 full color UV gloss coted business card size crack & peel stickers done for less then $50 . I sent the art on Fri. got a e-mail with tracking on Mon. and was in my hands Wed...www.4over.com Hope this helps some of the smaller guys out there...Thanx....M*

BadAss

Well just so you know. These guys are about 50% cheaper then GR...But I am not keeping it top secret....M*

Michael

I use a roland camm-1 pro.....I love it :)

I also use x3 so if you have any questions on it please let me know.

STAR Graphix

Thats another lil issue. Ive looked at printer/plotters just too many options on whats the best set-up like an ink-jet or a thermal. Kind of lost when it comes to the technology part, this all started as a thought. read a lil here and there and now its a business, Hopefully a Successful one. Im not the type to like a bunch of gadgets , but when I buy something I like for it to be good. Most advice i get on equipment is from here and for that I Thank Everyone.....:thumb: