• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Professional Rendering/Cad software needed

Visualbang

Hello. I have a client that I need to be providing "cad-like" drawings. I currently use Flexi and Illustrator CC for design.
They don't need to be blueprints, but to have that same look. I attached a couple of samples I found online.
What software do you all reccomend? AutoCAD? Or is there something similar that is just meant for renderings like these.
attachment.php
attachment.php

Thank you for your help!

Attachments

• Sign Render.jpg
    Sign Render.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 304
  • sign render 2.jpg
    sign render 2.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 269

James Burke

Being a grandpa is more fun than working
I like AutoCAD LT for its simplicity. We use it only for generating cut paths, but you could do what you propose with it.

There are more cost effective solutions such as TurboCAD, but I wasn't impressed with their software. I believe Corel has a CAD product, but I'm not familiar with that.

JB

s500

far as I know, can import DXF Illu

Attachments

• Bildschirmfoto 2016-01-14 um 16.03.17.png
    Bildschirmfoto 2016-01-14 um 16.03.17.png
    89.7 KB · Views: 220

Kottwitz-Graphics

Really, if your proficient with your design software, you should be create the same look with a little time.

I create files like that for my customers with corel...

rdm01

Illustrator + Cad Tools from Hot Door. It's a plug in that saves huge amounts of time when adding dimensions and other cad-like elements. Create a title block and presto, you have an efficient way of generating cad-like proofs.

OldPaint

corel can do that........all you gota do is ..learn how.........as with any program, you would have to lean autocad.....i am a draftsman(old school 1963-64) and still cant use autocad.......

OADesign

I do this all the time in FlexiSign.

There are some cases where illustrator may a better tools but for 99% of our work Flexi it the way.

Plus, no need to duplicate files (Design + Proof vs Production). I just draw everything 100% and use the same drawings for production. Easy.

TrustMoore_TN

Sign & Graphics Business Consultant
We use SketchUp for all of our CAD design and engineering for our exhibits. Our engineer, shop foreman and owner have the pro version but everyone else has the free version (Make). We can't export using the free version. After years of using corel, flexi and illustrator to emulate, I wish I had access to a CAD program earlier in my career. May not be the solution you're looking for in this case, but worth looking at.