• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Project: 700hp Matte Black SC300

LindyM

mattesoarer1.jpg

mattesoarer6.jpg

mattesoarer4.jpg

mattesoarer8.jpg

mattesoarer5.jpg

Matt-Tastic

i like it, but maybe do the door handles/mirrors in CF to set them off?

that way it doesn't look like you just primed it, and are planning on painting it down the road ^_^

like i said, i really like it!

GP

Nice work.

I have never wrapped before. The picture of the front bumper (where is it laid down and shows all the "stretch marks") Is this what it looks like before you start applying heat? I would have thought (not knowing a thing, mid you), that you would apply heat as you go and work it from the middle or something.

Just curious.

GP

LindyM

GP you are correct. the vinyl is laid on making sure the center is flat and I work my way out form the center applying heat where it needs it. However, with matte you have to be careful because too much heat of stretching will cause it to gloss up.

LindyM

i like it, but maybe do the door handles/mirrors in CF to set them off?

that way it doesn't look like you just primed it, and are planning on painting it down the road ^_^

like i said, i really like it!
So far no one has thought the car is just primed since this has a uniform satin finish. I really don't see how wrapping the handles and mirrors would convince someone that would think its primed.

DaveM

Nice project. Looks like it came out great. Didn't notice in the pictures. Did you go into the door jams with the vinyl?

speedmedia

Looks great, looks like a top notch install as well.

I too would love to see some closeups of that seem or seems on the pillar.

Thanks,
Kurt

LindyM

Nice project. Looks like it came out great. Didn't notice in the pictures. Did you go into the door jams with the vinyl?
thanks, I didnt do the jambs

Looks great, looks like a top notch install as well.

I too would love to see some closeups of that seem or seems on the pillar.

Thanks,
Kurt
Offsite Pic Removed Photo Posting Rules

only seam on the car

Last edited by a moderator:

LindyM

^no, we actually Blinged it back last week. This was the car we blacked out all the chrome on about 1.5 months ago.

you know Jill and i have been talking about starting a clothing line called 'db' if you want to place a christmas order for your 'friend' i am sure we can make it happen