• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Proper Edge print settings?

Jen Goodwin

Why is my Edge printing like this? I want the print to have a dot pattern of each color throughout the photo, why does it leave the black spots like this? The black would look a lot better if there were a dot pattern throughout the black areas? BTW, what you are looking at in the attachment is CMY without the K printed yet.
:help:
This particular print is printed with Gerber Tone/Gerber Tone Artwork, although I like the results of GT Photo better. It also prints this way with a classical dot. Am I just noticing this now and it has printed this way all along?

Attachments

• edgeprint.jpg
    edgeprint.jpg
    146 KB · Views: 177

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
Are you using Automatic Color in GSP Plot or are you assigning an output profile there? Try turning off the Automatic Color check box and then assigning the profile named Gerber Edge II 300 DPI CMYK profile.

What are the specifications of your image file? Color mode? File type? Size? Embedded profiles?

Jen Goodwin

I did have the automatic color checked, so I unchecked it and assigned Gerber Edge II 300 DPI CMYK profile....same thing, still leaves white holes for the black to print.
So, this is NOT normal? Yours does not do this?
I did just upgrade the software to the newest download available off GSP's website.

Jen Goodwin

What should it be at Tony? I did just play around with this, writing down what the settings were before I did and set them back to where they were before. I want to say this started right after I did that!

Here are my settings:

Monitor Filter
W - 237
B - 35
Printer Filter
W - 240
B - 35
Vinyl Printer Filter
W - 8
B - 92

These are not the suggested, but they are where they were before I played with it. (although, not sure where they were before I upgraded.)

Jen Goodwin

SWEEEEET! I fixed it, I had the apply filters boxes checked. Now it's printing the way I wanted. Imagine how looking something up in the manual will actually help. :Big Laugh Yeah, that looks way better! Thanks Tony!! :thumb: Thank You too, Fred!

Jen Goodwin

Hey, I resemble that remark Si! :Big Laugh
Dejavu...Didn't I just get this same advice from you on the business card file formats? Guess I gotta work on that, huh? I can read, really, I can! :Big Laugh