• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Quality Stainless Steel Letters for Boats

artfuldodger

Looking for a supplier who will cut and polish High grade and quality
stainless steel letteing for boats... Gemini said they would not "cut it"
being it was on a boat .. hence no warranty...

rjssigns

Find your local waterjet shop and have them cut polished stainless. You should be able to give them a .dxf file. It comes with a liner to protect the finish. Worst case the edges would need to be polished. Last shop I was at the material was around $14 a square foot.

Moze

Precision Sign Services
Try SteelArt?

A warranty might be next to impossible if installed where its going to have that much exposure to (salt?) water.

John Butto

What kind of warranty are you looking for. Gemini's alloy 316 in their flat cut out letters are for marine use.

artfuldodger

They just said they wouldn't back it at all... I put a magnet to the 316 sample they sent and it stuck...suggested I go to a local marine supplier... not that easy as not lot of folks do stainless letters....

Moze

Precision Sign Services
Where on the boat are these going to be located? Will they be exposed to salt water?

Moze

Precision Sign Services
Might be tough to warranty, but the silver lining is it would bring some repeat business. Like I said, try SteelArt. If you call, ask for Matt and tell him I referred you. He's a good dude.

TammieH

Why would anyone put 3D letters on a boat? Or is this done a lot? Boat manufacturers logo? Or owners name for the boat?

OldPaint

saltwater will effect ANY METAL......why do you think most of the "replacement hardware" for boat is STAINLESS? STAINLESS will survive longer, when stainless and an UNLIKE METAL set next to each other, its even quicker to deteriorate. this is one of the places a reall good PLASTIC or MAHOGANY letters will last longer.
tammie, a lot of high dollar watercraft in the 35-100 foot range have 3d name boards. old fashioned but elegant if done in a couple different woods..
https://www.google.com/search?hl=en...2Ftype-styles-of-the-rich-famous%2F;2048;1536

John Butto

I have done a lot reverse channel ltrs on boats with led's and have always specified aluminum with a good two part clear. Awlgrip is preferred which most boatyards use. Stainless is kind of an overkill because most big boat owners only keep their boats for a couple of years and the name changes.

artfuldodger

Just trying to give customer what he is asking for... he has been given the "options... He knows vinyl works.. he just wanted something that is not seen alot "yet" on boats... It is a brand new Large Sailboat.

omgsideburns

3d letters on the outside of yachts is super common.. and when they have the extra money having some lighted dimensional lettering on the inside isn't uncommon either.

Plastics are usually the way to go.