• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question about cutting substrate

srafferty

I want to know if there's a way to cut substrate from the back without cutting the vinyl. This way I could peel back the substrate from the middle of a decal rather than the edge. Does anyone know if such a tool or machine exists?

:help

Thanks!

-Scott

kffernandez

yep. dale has been working on that one. he even sent over a couple for me to try when i bought a few Big Squeegee's.

however, they are still under prototype stages. so, scary bugs are still lurking. feel free to contact him about it. he's very accommodating. :)

kelly

J Hill Designs

test depth of blade on scrap first, but I have used a plotter blade holder with the blade only protruding enough to cut through the backer, but not the vinyl

AKA "Poor Man's Akukut"

The Big Squeegee

Long Time Member
test depth of blade on scrap first, but I have used a plotter blade holder with the blade only protruding enough to cut through the backer, but not the vinyl

AKA "Poor Man's Akukut"
this is what I was trying to only make it small and light weight enough to attach to a Big Squeegee so it would always be handy. I'm not ready yet to offer it for sale. The plotter blade holder may be your best bet for now.