• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question question about print width on a sp300-v

speedmunky

forgive me as i know its possibly on here already but i just cant find it, dont know exaclt what to search for as what ive tried hasnt brought anything up.

ive seen it on here before on a few replies about printing wider than what the printer actually allows, as in edge to edge with no white gap on the sides, but there was no links to anywhere. im just wondering if anyone can say how to do it? and is it difficult? i need just a smidge more width to do a print vertically in 2 peices intead of horizontally and leaving a seam across the middle, its about 8mm to narrow :(

forgive me as i know its possibly on here already but i just cant find it, dont know exaclt what to search for as what ive tried hasnt brought anything up.

ive seen it on here before on a few replies about printing wider than what the printer actually allows, as in edge to edge with no white gap on the sides, but there was no links to anywhere. im just wondering if anyone can say how to do it? and is it difficult? i need just a smidge more width to do a print vertically in 2 peices intead of horizontally and leaving a seam across the middle, its about 8mm to narrow :(
The older Roland’ have too much media shift to safely print edge to edge. You’ll get ink on your platen when, not if, your media shifts. If you want to be safe, you survive on that 28.5” or whatever max output.

Others may say otherwise, but it’s not worth the mess or risk.

speedmunky

The older Roland’ have too much media shift to safely print edge to edge. You’ll get ink on your platen when, not if, your media shifts. If you want to be safe, you survive on that 28.5” or whatever max output.

Others may say otherwise, but it’s not worth the mess or risk.
I did think that but it’s only over about 1.3m in length and I never leave a print unattended for very long, maybe to get a drink or something but I’m always checking if it’s shifting. Maybe I should’ve been a little clearer, I don’t want to do the full width, I just need a few mm more just to get the colour around the edge of the doors. The door is 730mm wide I’m at 732 but want to try take it to around 740mm just so there’s a little more colour to tuck comfortably. Is it possible to say add 2 extra rollers in between the ones that are on it just to give that little more safety and grip just in general as well? ‘Cause then at least if it ever does wander off it would still have a roller close to it feeding

garyroy

It's up to the distance between your two outside pinch wheels.
However far you can move them AND get the scan to register, that's how wide your print can be.
They can't be any further apart then the blue bars on the rail behind them allow.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Regardless of how well you might babysit your printer or not, the machine is only capable of so much. If you need to get more out of it, you'll need to upgrade to a 54" model.

rjssigns

8mm is a lot. You can shift the pinch wheels so they hang over the media a bit but it won't track well over long distances.
Honestly, if this is a one time thing just sub it out. By the time you get things dialed in you'll have wasted more time and material than the job is worth.