• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Question for CNC/Router crew (Precix)

Linedesign

I've been experimenting with this router (Precix) I believe the 3000 series with Scanvec casmate Pro 5.02. Its been in friends shop when he bought previous company. He never used it but it works.

Anybody know about them

I realize its older but what would you recommend the best way for me to learn how to use this?
Is the Router so outdated its better to purchase a different setup?
What will this machine do 2d- 2.5-3d?
Is Precix still in business?
Are they decent systems? It has interchangeable router and engraver.
Would I be wasting my time learning this software at all? Scanvec Casmate pro 5.02
What software would work with this? preferences?

I've been goofing around with this and know just enough to be dangerous.
Just curious if I would be wasting my time learning this setup. I dont plan on using it all the time just for simple projects, However if I learn to make some cool stuff I may use it more.

Attachments

• cnc1.JPG
    cnc1.JPG
    147.7 KB · Views: 249
  • cnc3.JPG
    cnc3.JPG
    146.6 KB · Views: 216

Linedesign

I've read up on them but recieved no response about this model? and what it can do?. The manuals I have are very limited. Are they a decent machine?

Techman

any machine that runs,, and follows directions is valuable if it does it right and quickly. However, it it takes you hours to do a job that should take 30 mins, then its of no value to any one.

There a much bigger and more accurate machines around now for pennies on the dollar.
There was one 5x9 locally here that went for just 2 grand. If i hand room for it i would a got it with a credit card.