• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Questions - 4x8 sign - Need advice / quote on printing

Fanaticus

I've got a company interested in replacing their current 4x8 sign. It's on MDO and screwed into their metal building.

I'm thinking the best way to do this would be to print it.

So, looking for some advice on what to print it on, should it be laminated, and who wants to print it for me since I don't have a printer.

How would you guys go about doing this?

Do you do the design as one piece or split it into a couple of smaller pieces?

Also, I'm not sure where to look for MDO plywood. I've got my assistant calling a local lumber yard to see if they know anything about it. Where else should I be looking for it?

Any constructive advice would be appreciated. Thank you.

ucmj22

I would call your supplier, they should have primed and ready MDO sign pannel. Personally, I would use a 6mm aluminum composite. Print in one piece and mount with the laminator. Id use a permanent cast vinyl w/ 2-3.4mil over lam.

Jillbeans

Can't give any advice on printing or laminating but you'll like it much better if you don't use MDO.
Use alumalite. It's lightweight yet sturdy and you don't have to p!ss around with the edges.
Love....Jill