• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

quick ? about tractor

RubberDuckyDecals

so, i ordered non perforated film for my roland gx24 but ordway sent me perforated. Can I still use perforated film and have it feed correctly?

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Probably.

If the vinyl goes out to the edge no problem at all. If it has the 1/2" cut-away, it might not track very well, as it becomes a little slippery against the backing waxed paper.

RubberDuckyDecals

cool, thx guys. the holes are about 1/4in from the edge so I suspect it should be ok. Just wasn't sure if I should be sending this roll back or just dealing with it.

Fred Weiss

Merchant Member
I think you will find that most vinyl distributors will offer 15" and 30" roll widths in perforated only while 24" and 48" will be offered as non-perforated. This is to accomodate Gerber plotter owners whose plotters will be either 15" or 30".

Set your pinch rollers slightly inside the perf lines. If you set the rollers on the perf, it makes a heck of a racket when the machine rolls the vinyl in and out quickly. Also, over time, the rollers will squeeze adhesive through the holes in the vinyl and get it all over your pinch rollers, leaving you with lumpy rollers that have to be cleaned.

TheSignDepot

learned the hard way said:
Set your pinch rollers slightly inside the perf lines. If you set the rollers on the perf, it makes a heck of a racket when the machine rolls the vinyl in and out quickly. Also, over time, the rollers will squeeze adhesive through the holes in the vinyl and get it all over your pinch rollers, leaving you with lumpy rollers that have to be cleaned.

This just happened to me and was driving nutts, I walked by while my cutter was running 15" perf, I asked what the HECK that noise was, I was getting ready to completely tear it apart and check all the gears but this had to be the problem because I've been cutting vinyl all day using 24 inch and not a peep. I really can't believe this came up but greatful it did.

Happy Cutting
:beer