• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

quick banner ink question

i need to print acouple of yellow banners. some of the wording/dates/times etc needs to be cut vinyl.

so my question is.....since i'm printing the banner to be yellow, next year when we go to change the cut vinyl....will it take off the yellow printed background with it?

these are going to be used for no more than 24 hours each year.... not sure what you mean by an overlay? usually the space is blank when we need to change dates/times with cut vinyl, so theres no print we have to lay it over.

my first impression was the ink would lift due to it being printed...but as anything, don't know untill i try.....however, don't want to expriment on a customers banner so.......

i'll see if they will go for a patch, if not the only other option is to buy in some yellow banner and use that instead...thanks for the imput.

HulkSmash

my first impression was the ink would lift due to it being printed...but as anything, don't know untill i try.....however, don't want to expriment on a customers banner so.......

i'll see if they will go for a patch, if not the only other option is to buy in some yellow banner and use that instead...thanks for the imput.

I can tell you now, that most likely the adhesive will rip the yellow away. I would go with the patch!

yeah.......i kinda thought it might come away, hence the question as i know someone would have probably tried it at some time or another! ....lol

Gino

Premium Subscriber
According to what size these banners are, why don't you just buy yellow banners and apply die-cut vinyl to them ?? Seems the safest and best method all around with no chance of lifting, fading or matching old colors.