• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Race car wraps

signswi

Like CNC, learning how to manage color workflows for large format is a discipline unto itself. You can get away with using canned profiles and defaults but not if you have clients who want really vibrant stuff, which racers tend to. It'll probably take a few years before whoever is operating your large format equipment really understands what's going on in the color workflow.

Gino

Premium Subscriber
I'm usually all about giving someone a head's up about what they're getting into..... and in a rather crude fashion, I might add. :rolleyes:

However, this particular fellow seems to have all the answers, all the needed knowledge and even the better half has more on the ball than this big toy buyer, so why not let him alone, stop badgering him and allow him to find out on his own ??

He's a big boy, he can take it. Some people with the proper background can move into this field with little to no training or even knowledge at all..... half the questions here, prove that. :clapping: Ha..... half the answers prove it, also.

Good luck Impact.... you're gonna need it. :peace!:

Impact fabs

I'm usually all about giving someone a head's up about what they're getting into..... and in a rather crude fashion, I might add. :rolleyes:

However, this particular fellow seems to have all the answers, all the needed knowledge and even the better half has more on the ball than this big toy buyer, so why not let him alone, stop badgering him and allow him to find out on his own ??

He's a big boy, he can take it. Some people with the proper background can move into this field with little to no training or even knowledge at all..... half the questions here, prove that. :clapping: Ha..... half the answers prove it, also.

This is what I love about people. When you are not smart enough to comprehend what has been written. No where have I said I had the answers. I just simply came here looking for answers. If you look I changed and said I would outsource the printing. I am sure why all you guys get so butt hurt over a few simple questions. For you to assume that it is not possible your mistaken. To bash someone willing to listen and take advice from strangers that are in the industry should at the least make you realize I don't think I have it figured out. Does it hurt your feelings that I have the cash to give this a shot. Or is it more the thought that I am not broke trying to make the light bill from a printing company. I did not come in here saying I want to buy a Roland 540 and all the laminatirs. I came in with an open mind looking for a little guidance. I am sure you started as an expert right. Then to say let's leave this guy alone. What are we 8 and this is a secret club house? Is that why you have 20k post because girls are not aloud in? I am someone that welcomes constructive criticism but for someone that will take abuse off people that have no respect or manners. Do I need your help? No. There are lots of people out there that will. Is this the same attitude you give clients? I actually read who's welcome here before joining. I was good. When we started with our Cnc equipment people bent over backwards to help. I have bever been met with such negativity or just plain out disrespect for asking a few questions. So I end with this question, what's the real reason for the 3 of you being so rude?everything you posted has no validity. So be a man and get it out. Why so butt hurt?

premiercolour

Merchant Member
We are wanting to add a 48" printer to our buisness. We operate Cnc plasma and Cnc rotary machines. We also do custom fabrication for racing and off road. We had a sponsor for our race car wraps but they have gone out of buisness. They also had a large group of cars they did. We are planning on picking up where they left off. This will be a small part of our buisness but a money making side for sure. We have been looking at printers the Roland 540 is what we want because who wouldn't. Unsure if we need to drop 12k for a used one is the bigger question. Plans at this point are wraps for dirt track cars and stickers, possibly back window wraps also. We have thought long and hard about outsourcing the printing also. After long discussions we will move forward with a printer in house. Any suggestions on a printer in the 5-6k range that will start us in the right direction? Thanks in advance.

No need to worry about what others say. I mean it is important as far as comments and feedbacks from signs101 but you are the one who takes out the money from the bank and give it away. If I were in your situation, i already had the printer set up, ready to work. You can do - great. You can't' do, hey bud, sorry this sticker ain't sticking well on your car. There is this shop right down the street. They probably can do something better.

I guess it is nice to be single, do whatever you want without worrying expenses of family and kids and all that.

Mikeifg

Well, Said. And yes I have no problem talking face to face and my work speaks for itself. Just because it looks cool doesn't mean anyone can do it you'll learn that. Alot of us have been burned by the racecar crowd here so that's the reason for most of the comments mine included. Good luck:thumb:

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Impact..... like the other fools who try this kind or phony candor.......

Save it for someone who cares. You took the wrong road when you spouted off about your father giving you wonderful advice and how the rest of us are are doomed for a long fall. Believe me, we've all fallen a time or two and are used to it. We get back up, dust ourselves off and keep on keepin' on. On the other hand.... you can't take any ribbing, any suggestions or for that fact anything, unless it's in your favor. So, that's why you have all the answers buddie.

Impact, there is no need to read or re-read your sentences or individual posts... they all say the same thing...... I bought something and want to know how to use it. I have all it takes, just point me in the right direction.

This place is for learning, it's for guidance and direction, and some have been chastised in another thread for not helping, but this.... give it to me now attitude and give it to me the way I want it or I'll stomp my feet and write bad things about you is like dealing with the 8 year olds you were talking about. Remember, the door swings both ways and right now.... you're the one seeking help, so why not try to get along or at least pretend ??

If your ability were as good as your deduction powers..... you'd be a millionaire already. NOT. You go around calling us names, telling us what we assume, what and how we think and what our ages are.... and you have the gall to call us out ?? You, Impact is one of the main reasons I come to this place. I completely dislike liars and know-it-alls... and I enjoy talking with you and others like you. So, let the games begin.

Oh.... and to answer your last question..... the only time my butt hurts is when I eat wa-y-y-y-y too many hot peppers and the next day they burn on the way out..... kinda like your attitude. You sound a little hot under the collar there, Impact.

Ya know, this is a little side note, but if you and your kind got their way and all the old timers, rude, crude and cantankerous fugs got out of the way like you want.... there'd be no one to teach you fledglings how to do anything and you'd have to go back to cutting grass and running in circles on a race track. :Sleeping:​

Si Allen

Once you get over your attitude and listen ... you will find that you have been given some very good advice!

What everyone is trying to tell you is that racers are one of the worst type of customers.

They:

Want it now!

Want it cheap!

Want the impossible!

Have zero loyalty!

Will bounce checks!

Use your design to shop around for a cheaper source!

And the list goes on!

I have been in this business for 45 years ... and stopped doing race cars 28 years ago for the above reasons!

MikePatterson

Head bathroom cleaner.
Once you get over your attitude and listen ... you will find that you have been given some very good advice!

What everyone is trying to tell you is that racers are one of the worst type of customers.

They:

Want it now!

Want it cheap!

Want the impossible!

Have zero loyalty!

Will bounce checks!

Use your design to shop around for a cheaper source!

And the list goes on!

I have been in this business for 45 years ... and stopped doing race cars 28 years ago for the above reasons!

Dont forget "They will LET you put your logo on the car if you do the job at a deal (AKA Free)":omg2: