• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Racing graphics

ajgrafix

Does anyone know where to purchase racing graphics programs for the headlights and grill to digital print for stock cars? Thanks

Mosh

OMG!!! Do a search on this site and you will see what RACE CAR graphics are thought of! Race car guys are right there with Bars and Politicians...and Softball Guy...all TOTAL LOSERS!!! Who I want no part of!!!

All Newbies fall under these loser's spell, just let me tell you RUN!!!! Run fast my Young Padiwon!
Race Car Guys are the lowest of the scum....BTW my best friend Jim Perkins won the IMCA championship a few years back, but he pays me...I know what I speak of!

Speedsterbeast

That's a wide brush your using.
I AM a racer and I do work for countless racers. Ther percentage of them being pitas are about the same as all market segments.

You can most likely find tutorials on how to draw glas and chrome looking thingys

Mosh

Yes, 25 years I have been messin with PITA racers, 95% SUCK! I hope you are in the 5%, I am sure to be backed up on here 20 fold! I have lettered some that are great, but 95% are LOW BUDJET SUCK-FESTS for the most part!!! Not saying they are bad people, they just can't afford to be racing! I know what a weeky cost of racing is, when you think lettering should be less than that you are crazy! UNLOYAL PITA!!! To I need to repeat?

GAC05

Quit buggin' me
You can most likely find tutorials on how to draw glas and chrome looking thingys

Drawing would be a good option if you can't find ready made.
Another way would be to grab a camera and hit a few dealerships or mall parking lots. Snap a few photos, a little quick cropping & some blur and you'd be on your way to the races.

wayne k
guam usa

round man

you could always go to a dealership and take a photo like we used to do when they had to be hand painted,....have that printed then adjust the file to fit an actual headlight panel or tailight form on the body,...if you cant do that then I would suggest you turn down the work,....if you do actually take on the job charge alot for it as racers talk alot amongst themselves at the track and you dont want them to expect a cheap price or all the rest of them will show up wanting budget prices for premium work,....having worked over 30 years for nascar tracks and major race teams and drag teams I would suggest the first question you ask anyone wanting graphics for their race team should be what their budget is,....if they offer anything other than monetary compensation ( insert alot of work for the other teams/exposure/free advertising/more work etc.) send them packing. you do not want a reputation for cheap racing graphics,....

edited to ad,...racing and race cars are very expensive,...why should the graphics for them be any different,.....

rjssigns

Illustrator is your friend. I'm in the first stages of "building" a grill for a '69 Chevelle drag car.

There are also places that produce them. IIRC you can buy the grill/headlight deal starting at $250. Just can't remeber their website. They are a combination of digital print/airbrush and are gorgeous.

Speedsterbeast

Yes, 25 years I have been messin with PITA racers, 95% SUCK! I hope you are in the 5%, I am sure to be backed up on here 20 fold! I have lettered some that are great, but 95% are LOW BUDJET SUCK-FESTS for the most part!!! Not saying they are bad people, they just can't afford to be racing! I know what a weeky cost of racing is, when you think lettering should be less than that you are crazy! UNLOYAL PITA!!! To I need to repeat?

There's an old saying Mosh

Speed costs money...How fast do you want to go?

Maybe you can change it for those pita customers to...

Looking good costs money...How pretty do you want to be?

HDvinyl

Trump 2020

Attachments

• budjet.JPG
    budjet.JPG
    15.8 KB · Views: 107

Team Valhalla

Wow, nice comments Mosh.

That's like saying 95% of all farmers are PITA, woe is me, hillbilly, hayseeds. When actually a great percentage of them are very mechanically gifted, good business men, and they keep this country fed - along with a great portion of the world. Since I don't know you from soy beans, I'm not sure where you fall, but your comments give me a hint.

We've been involved in racing for 15 years and have met and dealt with all kinds. Some PITA, but most of them are hard working, helpful people. We seem to do very well business wise dealing with them... even the PITA ones.

All I can say is you get what you give.

SP