• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Ran Out Of Magenta

ridewraps

OK I figured out that I ran out of magenta on one of my cartridges only half of the test print is printing what do I need to do until i can get a new one here to replace it so that I dont ruin the head?

NazGraphics

hello happened to me awail back just turn it off clear the buffer i dont think it will damage ur print head
lets see what our pro's recommend

ridewraps

it was working fine earlier but I know I was pushing it with one of the cartridges. I just hope its not the head.

Rooster

Turn the machine completely off with the side power button. Move the head away from the capping station. Fill the capping station with the cleaning fluid and then park the head back on the capping station.

This will keep the head moist and ready to go. It may siphon some cleaning fluid back into the head, so when you restart you'll need to perform a couple of hard cleans to flush the cleaning fluid from the head.

ColesCreations

If you want the capping station to hold cleaning fluid, turn off the printer, then turn it on untill you hear the pumps start clicking, then turn it off using the switch in the back... The pumps are now active, sealed, and the caps will not leak out the cleaning fluid. Or use the head wash cycle and unplug the printer. Same thing.
Or use an automotive brake hose clamp on the lines going into the waste bucket if you can reach them.

Just sliding out the head and pouring in fluid- won't work, as when the pumps are inactive, theyre open and everything will leak out into the waste bucket.

iSign

If you want the capping station to hold cleaning fluid, turn off the printer, then turn it on untill you hear the pumps start clicking, then turn it off using the switch in the back... The pumps are now active, sealed, and the caps will not leak out the cleaning fluid. Or use the head wash cycle and unplug the printer. Same thing.
Or use an automotive brake hose clamp on the lines going into the waste bucket if you can reach them.

Just sliding out the head and pouring in fluid- won't work, as when the pumps are inactive, theyre open and everything will leak out into the waste bucket.
For the sake of future visitors to this thread, even though ridewraps has it squared away, I wanted to back up ColesCreations comments.

I had to do this once, & Barry of PrintingDigital.net explained this just as shown above. I initiated a nozzle wash, and then once the heads were soaking, I disconnected the power to the machine, to keep the heads submerged in cleaning solution through the long weekend I had to wait for another ink cartridge.