• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Rare problem with combining

SouthPaw

Well, I had no duplicate or open paths (but it would cause problems if I had them, for sure), but Jimdes solution works very easily (fools Corel into doing what it should have done in the first place, apparently).

Corel emailed me to say they couldn't duplicate my problem, and then explained how the shaping tools work, in case that would help. In all fairness, they don't know me or my level of familiarity with CorelDraw...and I do indeed use the shaping tools to fix this problem, but I shouldn't have to...no biggie, tho...only takes moments to do.

Thanx Jimdes.

iSign

in case this helps anyone... when this happens in Illustrator after choosing "make compound path" from the object menu, I will use the "pathfinder" tool called "exclude" & this almost always solves it.