• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Rasterlink 7 errors

bsteeletx

Hello all!

Newbie here. We are printing vinyl on our Mimaki UJV100-160.

Everything prints out great, but after a few prints, Rasterlink 7 stops working.

By not working, I mean:

Sometimes it will give us a weird error message in the log (something about print & location)
Sometimes it will say it's printing, but it's not

Our solution so far has been to delete all of our jobs on the program, and reopen each one.

Shouldn't it be able to keep those jobs open so we can just click and go should we need that job done again? Or is that asking too much of the program?

--Bobby

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
I've heard some people have had issues with ethernet. If you can, try USB and see if that fixes the issue. You also want to check to make sure your computer isn't set to sleep after a certain amount of time. Sometimes it doesn't go all the way to sleep but will turn off just the hard drive or network etc.

bsteeletx

We are connected by USB to a MacBook running parallels/Windows 10. The techs that installed it didn't even mention ethernet/wifi option (which we are INSANELY curious about!).

If the MacBook goes to sleep, that may cause issues? That would be an interesting test.

bsteeletx

Talked with my wife (It's her printer, I'm just the tech guy), and the last time it happened, she had printed 3 items in a row, then went to a start a new job, and then she couldn't print anything, including the jobs that were printing fine.

So it did not go to sleep.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
I wouldn't be surprised it has something to do with Parallels. The usb ports tend to turn off or switch to the mac side of things randomly. Any errors that have to do with "locating and printing" just mean it can't open the port.

bsteeletx

Just got off the phone with Mimaki customer support (great experience, btw). He discovered that the installer didn't quite install the printer correctly. It has white ink, but the software says there is no white ink present. Looking at the printer screen, it also doesn't detect white.

So we're back to hardware issues now, and we'll be coming back to software problems once the hardware is fixed.

Solventinkjet

DIY Printer Fixing Guide
Just got off the phone with Mimaki customer support (great experience, btw). He discovered that the installer didn't quite install the printer correctly. It has white ink, but the software says there is no white ink present. Looking at the printer screen, it also doesn't detect white.

So we're back to hardware issues now, and we'll be coming back to software problems once the hardware is fixed.
Sounds like system parameter number 32 is set to 4 instead of 7. I'd have your dealer come back and take a look.