• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Real or off-brand???

TresL

How to tell if a replacemnet part is ROLAND OEM or an off-brand???

I ordered some OEM normal maintence parts for my printer.(wipers, cap tops, etc..)
However, they came in a thin bags and look just like the cheaper parts I've received in the past.

Is there an easy way to tell OEM from off-brand replacements???

CanuckSigns

I've had this happen before with roland wipers, I ordered genuine parts from our local Roland dealer, when they came in they were solid black rubber (no felt on the back side) because of this they were too stiff to flex past the squeegees that wipe them off. When I called they told me to soak them in head cleaner for a few hours to soften them. for $40 each i shouldn't have to do anything!

a quick email to roland head office any they magically started selling the proper ones again!

But to answer your question, I think all genuine parts come with a barcode sticker, and should be made in japan, not china

Gabriel

Hi,

It's a sad thing but I think that 90%-95% of all the spare parts are made in China. Even the ones looking "original".
All you need to do is to find a trustful supplier with good "non-OEM" spare parts.

TresL

Here are some of the parts.

All are supposed to be OEM.

Attachments

• roland.jpg
    roland.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 101

Sign Works

I order parts from Midwest Sign Supply and parts are always drop shipped directly to me from Roland headquarters in Irvine, CA. This provides some assurance that I'm getting original Roland parts.

Andrew O

Merchant Member
I just walked into the warehouse and took a look at some of these on the shelf. The packaging on yours looks okay and matches what is here.