• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Realistic Print Speeds

BigfishDM

Merchant Member
Wanted to get everyones feedback on what machines they have had experiences with that can do 720x720 DPI that produces 200sq.ft an hour or more. Al the dealers tell me lies on the speeds so I thought you guys could let me know what you have that can handle this. Thanks

Custom_Grafx

VS 640 double cmyk, 6pass 720dpi, approx 130sq ft/hr on gloss white sav.

edit to add thats on 64" media. the narrower the roll, the slower.

Last edited:

Gino

Premium Subscriber
Of course the more narrow the roll, the more the square footage speed goes down.

Our machine is 720 x 720, but only about 165 Sq an hour. That's considered normal or production mode. We can get faster, but resolution seems to suffer a little bit.

Custom_Grafx

Of course the more narrow the roll, the more the square footage speed goes down.

Our machine is 720 x 720, but only about 165 Sq an hour. That's considered normal or production mode. We can get faster, but resolution seems to suffer a little bit.

I thought so.

The reason I mentioned it was because the reason why sometimes print speed can differ to what's on the machine's spec sheet, is the width of media used... and of course head speed (huge difference). Then there's feed rate and resolution too I guess.

I'm not familiar with mimaki's and mutohs, but on the rolands there is something called "full width scan". If that is turned on/off that can make a big difference too depending on what you're printing.