• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Discussion Realistically pricing my Edge 2/Envision 375 setup

Will308decals

Hey guys,
If you haven't been following me the last few days I have been looking at upgrading from my Edge 2 to an FX. I got the deal done, which included basically his entire sign shop (FX, Envision 375, software, foils, vinyl, etc.). Now with a whole new setup, I am really not in need of my now old machines. I do not do enough work to run 2 machines, so there is no use for my Edge 2 and such.

Now with the news of Gerber stopping manufacturing, these machines will only rise in value, but I would still like to get an estimate on what the professionals (you guys) think a setup like the following would be worth because here in the near future I would like to sell it.

The following lot would include:
- Gerber Edge 2
- Gerber Edge 2 (for parts only. Everything good on it except printhead, power supply, and shocks to hold lid open)
-Gerber Envision 375
- 63 foils (list attached below, lots of process colors)
- Omega 6.0 software (key included)
- All cords and cables will be included as well

What is you guys opinion on the value of this setup? If you are interested let me know, but the lot might not be officially available for a couple weeks

Attachments

• Edge 2 spreadsheet (2).png
    Edge 2 spreadsheet (2).png
    40.5 KB · Views: 263

netsol

wouldn't you keep your foils?
there are adapters for the fx & i would think these are colors that are used for your existing client base.
assuming all the clients are repeat buyers (perhaps a big assumption) you would end up spending approx. $10,000 replacing them, OVER TIME

i have about 65 foils & although edge is about 15% of what we produce (but an important part!), i would not give up my foils, these are colors I USE

ego198

Hey guys,
If you haven't been following me the last few days I have been looking at upgrading from my Edge 2 to an FX. I got the deal done, which included basically his entire sign shop (FX, Envision 375, software, foils, vinyl, etc.). Now with a whole new setup, I am really not in need of my now old machines. I do not do enough work to run 2 machines, so there is no use for my Edge 2 and such.

Now with the news of Gerber stopping manufacturing, these machines will only rise in value, but I would still like to get an estimate on what the professionals (you guys) think a setup like the following would be worth because here in the near future I would like to sell it.

The following lot would include:
- Gerber Edge 2
- Gerber Edge 2 (for parts only. Everything good on it except printhead, power supply, and shocks to hold lid open)
-Gerber Envision 375
- 63 foils (list attached below, lots of process colors)
- Omega 6.0 software (key included)
- All cords and cables will be included as well

What is you guys opinion on the value of this setup? If you are interested let me know, but the lot might not be officially available for a couple weeks
6000$ aprox

Will308decals

wouldn't you keep your foils?
there are adapters for the fx & i would think these are colors that are used for your existing client base.
assuming all the clients are repeat buyers (perhaps a big assumption) you would end up spending approx. $10,000 replacing them, OVER TIME

i have about 65 foils & although edge is about 15% of what we produce (but an important part!), i would not give up my foils, these are colors I USE

Majority of my clients are repeat buyers, but to be totally honest, I use around 8 different foils alone (white, black, ruby red, cobalt blue, silver medal, and a few others on occasion). I do not think I have ever used any of my process colors other than to get a warmup strip from them. I guess I don’t know the capabilities of the spectratone, but I use spot colors and spot colors only really.
What is your use for all these colors? How can I incorporate them into my process?

Also I do know that I can buy adapters for my edge foils to use in my FX. Do I have to buy adapters for all 60+ of my foils? Or are the adapters interchangeable as to where I can only buy a few adapters and can switch them on and off certain edge 2 foils when I’m in need?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Billct2

I wonder if the value will really go up? Who will invest in Gerber equipment knowing they are done? People like me who have built a lot of jobs around those machines may value them, but we are going the way of the dinosaurs. But I doubt anyone will get Gerber equipment when starting out.

FunkotronXL

Also I do know that I can buy adapters for my edge foils to use in my FX. Do I have to buy adapters for all 60+ of my foils? Or are the adapters interchangeable as to where I can only buy a few adapters and can switch them on and off certain edge 2 foils when I’m in need?
You can just buy a few sets of adapters and swap them between the ribbons. Don't just buy one in case the teeth get worn out.
GMS carries them on this page

netsol

I wonder if the value will really go up? Who will invest in Gerber equipment knowing they are done? People like me who have built a lot of jobs around those machines may value them, but we are going the way of the dinosaurs. But I doubt anyone will get Gerber equipment when starting out.
i am not sure it will go up (although DX2 printheads went way up. in 2019 i paid $1400 for a pair of heads, due to scarcity
i think people will still be using the edge for quite a while. i did a small window lettering job for an old friend in 1995.
we removed the vinyl (red & black) about 2 years ago. it looked perfectly acceptable, 25 years later. the only part that had problems was a line that was reverse printed and applied to the inside (the adhesive had yellowed)

nssignguy

We have an Edge 2 and FX machine and I thought about selling the Edge 2 but glad I didn't because just recently I had to send one to the shop but I had the other as backup. Something to think about.

d1designs

I also have an Envison 375 for sale. It is beyond my skill set and needs. Works great for cutting the stickers that I've used it for. Not a lot of "miles" on it.

-Daniel