• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Recommend Website Builder / Hosting Company (Wix? Weebly? ???)

player

I am looking for suggestions for site building website hosts that will let me build my own site from their tools and templates. I know of Wix and Weebly, but I don't know much more about them. Is Wordpress still popular? I would be interested in hearing about other options too.

Thanks

Dan360

Wordpress is the most popular, I recommend it. Around 30% of websites use it. You can do your hosting there as well.

There's also SquareSpace, I've never used it but I always hear ads for it.

IDB Signs

Namecheap has an EasyWP hosting product now that I've used on a few small projects. It's a few bucks a month, cheaper than their standard shared hosting, and it automatically installs WP on the server and sets it up for you. Once in there, you can navigate around WP dashboard, and there is a plethora of info online on how to accomplish various things. And NC is usually very helpful and supportive, even when its something you may have broken yourself, ha!

rjssigns

If you have Adobe CC give Portfolio a shot. Slight learning curve, but once past that it is simple to use. Super easy to add social media icons/links. One click to update/publish. Site is fully responsive too. They also offer web hosting and domain names right around 5 bucks a month.

Namecheap has an EasyWP hosting product now that I've used on a few small projects. It's a few bucks a month, cheaper than their standard shared hosting, and it automatically installs WP on the server and sets it up for you. Once in there, you can navigate around WP dashboard, and there is a plethora of info online on how to accomplish various things. And NC is usually very helpful and supportive, even when its something you may have broken yourself, ha!
Agree. I use namecheap and their wordpress package for all the websites I build

bold_will_hold

I use wix. I started with a template and gradually altered it to the point where it is completely custom design.
wix makes it super easy you just add photos, separators, text, bounding box, & hyperlinks wherever you want.
always offering new feature like hover over images etc.

I used wix to host and register my domain name. There are some limitation like they do not have drop down menu for sub pages.
but there are work around. They have built in seo which helps beginners but if you want advanced seo you will need to use
wordpress. I am not very proficient in html so I choose wix because they offer more hand holding.

bannertime

I used Wix for my store, but I've used WP for just about everything else. Both were good. WP will take a bit more knowledge. My favorite is WP with Mesmerizer combo.

MargaretGilliam

I used Wix for my store, but I've used WP for just about everything else. Both were good. WP will take a bit more knowledge. My favorite is WP with Mesmerizer combo.
Not bad at all. For ecommerce website build-up this one is even better. What do you suggest about using a web hosting service?

MargaretGilliam

Notarealsignguy

Arial - it's almost helvetica

Stacey K

I like making signs
I have WIX and I love it for my website but it's limiting if you want to sell things in the future with multiple attributes. WP seems to be the most versatile.