• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Recommendations for lettering an awning?

Big EZ Signs LLC

Howdy all, I'm just looking for some recommendations for lettering an awning? Customer has one of those
Awntech awnings installed, an the fabric is 100% acrylic. Any suggestions from the community on how to letter on it?
Would it be best to try a heat press vinyl? Or perhaps a temporary stencil vinyl with spray paint?
Thoughts and suggestions welcome.

netsol

hyatt's (buffalo, ny) our gerber distributorm among other things) has some heat activated vinyl that is applied with an iron. i forgetvwhat it is called. probably have a box or two on the shelf. i will take a picture of the label on the box, tomorrow

Evan Gillette

I looked into this a bit last year and the consensus was that a high-quality exterior latex paint "stippled" on through a vinyl stencil is the best approach for existing awnings. Also the cleaner the better before painting. I have no firsthand experience with this so keep that in mind, but talked to the local "experts" and also researched through forums and suppliers. I could not find any of the "Sail fabric vinyl" mentioned in some of the other posts.

tbullo

Superunknown
We cut a lot of Fabtac for a local awning shop. It's a fabric stencil material. Don't know if this is what you need, but yo can check out fabtac.com