• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

RED at day ORANGE at night.

Well story of my life, I always tell me customer that the color will somewhat wash out once the signs comes on, most of them are ok with that, except 1 customer,
attachment.php
. the red truly looks nice, its vibrant,but only during the day, apparently, it looks orange at night, though I never received a picture of it.

It is a simple enough design so I thought about doing translucent cut vinyl. I printed on Orajet 3850 with an HPL25500, the settings.......

output media : Orajet 3850 3 mil calendered vinyl 600 x 600
Color: CMYKcLmL (1 bits)
Resolution: 1200 x 1200

Printer mode: 1 bpp, 18 pass, unidir, low ink, 40 speed.

any thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated!

I have never had a light sign job come back. :(

Attachments

• Extreme Truck and Auto Final Artwork Design.jpg
    Extreme Truck and Auto Final Artwork Design.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 177

fresh

I don't have the same printer, but we usually print one normal print and apply to face, then print another in reverse on clear and apply that to the inside of the face. So the colors are true during the day, but at night it has extra opacity to keep the colors true.

toucan_graphics

If this MUST be printed, you need to do a double-layer print to keep the color from washing out at night when the sign is lit up. As others have said, this particular sign could have easily been done in cut vinyl using red translucent vinyl.

Yep. Great responses above. Cut vinyl >>>>>>> Print on outside + clear reverse print on inside >>>>>>>> Print on outside only.

The silver lining is at least you didn't do it with cheap opaque cut vinyl like 651, as the majority of my competitors like to do. :Big Laugh

agree. why would you not use translucent vinyl for a job like this?

I was on vacation when this came in. I didnt look at design until I got back, but by then I it was already gone. I would have probably suggested that to begin with. :/ I just wanted to see if anyone would have other suggestions.

Thanks!

Marlene

I was on vacation when this came in. I didnt look at design until I got back, but by then I it was already gone. I would have probably suggested that to begin with. :/ I just wanted to see if anyone would have other suggestions.

Thanks!

not much now as it is done but prints can be OK if there is a lot going on in the background but when it is a single color, it can be an issue. I don't use print for a job like this so I am not one that can help. how bad is the orange? if the customer called on it, they don't sound happy so I hope someone who would print red will give you a great suggestion other wise, it sounds like a do over

not much now as it is done but prints can be OK if there is a lot going on in the background but when it is a single color, it can be an issue. I don't use print for a job like this so I am not one that can help. how bad is the orange? if the customer called on it, they don't sound happy so I hope someone who would print red will give you a great suggestion other wise, it sounds like a do over

I dont know how orange it looks, I didnt get to see a picture. :/.

reQ

Yup, its a very simple design, like other ppl said - cut vinyl.
I see at least in our city that 99% of lighted signs are printed & they look bad during night time, due none of my competitors do a layer behind the lexan if they do digital print. Last one i seen done up by "3m certified shop" was white background with purple letters printed. Needless to say how it looks at night.

JERHEMI

I don't have the same printer, but we usually print one normal print and apply to face, then print another in reverse on clear and apply that to the inside of the face. So the colors are true during the day, but at night it has extra opacity to keep the colors true.

What clear vinyl are you using?