• I want to thank all the members that have upgraded your accounts. I truly appreciate your support of the site monetarily. Supporting the site keeps this site up and running as a lot of work daily goes on behind the scenes. Click to Support Signs101 ...

Red color on flexi 8.6

PhantomNeon

I have a big issues with red color in flexi8.6, I use colormunki, for my monitor profile, and set as profile on flexi color settings, and all that settings, but I never can get a real red, (only orange), I tried everything, but is really imposible. I change to RGB to CMYK, and other way, but the real red never appear, someone use some specific color swatch that show better colors ?
Or any sugest ?
Thanks . . . .

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
I have a big issues with red color in flexi8.6, I use colormunki, for my monitor profile, and set as profile on flexi color settings, and all that settings, but I never can get a real red, (only orange), I tried everything, but is really imposible. I change to RGB to CMYK, and other way, but the real red never appear, someone use some specific color swatch that show better colors ?
Or any sugest ?
Thanks . . . .

It's perfectly possible and reasonable to hit a good red. You have to understand your gear and don't obsess with having the same color on your monitor that will come out of your printer. That way lies madness.

Set your rendering intents to no color correction for everything except bitmaps. Set bitmaps to perceptual.

Print a Pantone chart on the media with the profile you happen to be using, hang it on the wall, and when you need a good red, or any other color, pick one off the chart. Don't worry over much what it looks like on your monitor, you're not delivering that.

iSign

I'm bumping this because I want to try it. I have done a chart, but want to look into the other details. I've improved my reds with double ink layers too, but of course that effects every color in the print... (& doesn't really effect the hue of course, but once I get close, darker opacity sometimes improves it more)

S

scarface

The only problems I've had with reds are they come out more grainy than any other color.

bob

It's better to have two hands than one glove.
The only problems I've had with reds are they come out more grainy than any other color.

True, the dither pattern seems more visible in reds. You can mitigate this some by opting for a higher quality dither algorithm. Supposedly the higher quality the dither algorithm the longer the RIP times. I routinely use the top of the line dither and I don't see any appreciable increase in RIP time over the general purpose algorithm.